2015 Sound

Thread: 2015 Sound

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When i first got my 15' i thought the sound was from the engine as it was louder than expected, kinda like i supposed a Porsche flat 6 would be but i know i loved it. Over time i now realize its the pipes, absolutely perfect for me, mind you as a veteran i have hearing loss and so i could imagine some may find it a little, or a lot, too loud.

My point being and its been made many times before, every rider has different preferences. This 'sound' is mine.

I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

I've just not found the motivation to spend money on making my bike louder. I know and understand the desire to do so. I have Cobra 6 into 6 pipes on my Valkyrie and they sound awesome ( The Cobra 6-2-6 for the F6B not so much).
    However, when I'm riding by myself or in the front, I can hear my bike just fine in the twisty bits. My exhaust sound just pretty much disappears though on the highway. I've grown kind of fond of that.
    Sure, when I'm around other riders, mainly HD riders, we joke about the lack of noise coming from mine. I just crank up the stereo.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I don't understand all this fuss over sound. At the risk of sounding like an old fart let me say when we were kids we solved our sound problems on the old 327 or the 409 with a quarter inch drill to the mufflers.
    There's always the classic cloths pin and baseball card in the spokes gimmick; oh wait we really don't have spokes now. Ah progress is the problem.