2015 Sound

Thread: 2015 Sound

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    You need to tell that to those Harley riders with aftermarket pipes, I road next to one last year and couldn't hear myself think and had to stay ahead of him just to keep my sanity.
    Most Harley riders have loud pipes because over the years, the mentality is that the noise makes their bike go faster and therefore the dealers love to convince these riders that they need these pipes to enjoy the so-called Harley mind set!!...My neighbors have two HD's with pipes so loud that they rattle the windows in my house and sound so "obnoxious" it is sickening!!!...Just my $.02.....

I just traded in a 2014 Valkyrie for a 2016 F6B. The Valkyrie pipes were much louder. I liked the sound and it never bothered me on long rides. My buddies said it sounded like a 6 cylinder sports car. The 2016 F6B seems pretty quiet to me. The end caps were different also. The Valkyrie had 3 exit holes in each exhaust pipe, while the 2016 F6B has one larger hole in each exhaust pipe. Cannot compare the 2016 to earlier year F6B's. Just my 2 cents.

Where as I love the sound of a well tuned set of loud pipes...I generally work backshift and I don't think the neighbors would enjoy them as much as I do at o'dark thirty...