2015 Sound
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Sound

2015 Sound

Those who purchase a new 2015 F6B, let us know how much different the sound of the new exhaust is.

It's louder and lower. I would compare it to a BMW RS1200 or RS1600 , if you have heard one. It's noticeable at idle, but really (to me) awesome sounding during acceleration and downshifting....kind of a rumble / cackle sound, on downshift especially.

I have only had it in the interstate for 20 miles or so, and the sound is louder than I thought it would be at 75 - 80 mph. I don't mind it, but I predict some won't like it because it's considerably louder. Before I bought it (last Saturday) I had asked the salesperson if it was the same sound as a Valkyrie, and he said no.

I don't know if this answers the question, it's hard to "describe" a sound. All I know is, it sounds bad-ass, and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RLatt View Post
    Before I bought it (last Saturday) I had asked the salesperson if it was the same sound as a Valkyrie, and he said no.
    I'm not to sure about that. This quote is from Honda Canada's website describing the 2015 F6B:

"And, if you’re looking for an added edge, this year’s F6B will feature a blacked-out muffler and adopts the same exhaust sound of the Valkyrie."

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I'm not to sure about that. This quote is from Honda Canada's website describing the 2015 F6B:

"And, if you’re looking for an added edge, this year’s F6B will feature a blacked-out muffler and adopts the same exhaust sound of the Valkyrie."
    That may be, I am repeating what the salesperson said. Bottom line is, I like the sound, no matter what it compares to.

In my opinion it isn't any louder, just deeper. But you know what they say about opinions.

Supporting Vendor Goldwing Werks's Avatar
    Yep, lower tone and not louder. Honda did a great job on the sound of the 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwing Werks View Post
    Yep, lower tone and not louder. Honda did a great job on the sound of the 15s.
    Not louder than what? Louder than a 13' or a 14' F6B? I rode a 13' several times in the weeks before my 15' got here. The 15' is louder at idle, on acceleration, on downshifting, and at interstate speeds. Have you driven a 15?

I agree with you when you say Honda did a great job with the sound. Not going to get into a pissing match on this forum. My bike, my opinion.

My 13 is louder than all you alls. I just turn up the stereo.

Yes dear, I'm turning it down.

Chromium vs. Ceramic paint

Engineering / design / construction of produced mufflers / tips for F6B didn't change its technology at all .

All excitement for "expected differences" in sound between 13/14' models , compared to the 15' are related to the external pipe's plating . Chrome is a metal , which transfers heat and sound in different ratio then ceramic paint .

A radiant heat is insulated from the thermal barrier / coating , which in these differences , play the role of an absorbent for the Sound Spectrum, called "Sound Board". Acoustical properties of different "insulators" create final effectiveness , which one might looking for .

So , following Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC), it produce slightly different , maybe deeper / throatier sound and doesn't have anything to do with expected performance , but could be an answer for few.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Engineering / design / construction of produced mufflers / tips for F6B didn't change its technology at all .

All excitement for "expected differences" in sound between 13/14' models , compared to the 15' are related to the external pipe's plating .
    Are you somehow privy to Honda's engineering drawings of the '15 mufflers, or did you buy a set for $1500, cut them cross sectionally, and compare them to a cut set of '13/'14 mufflers?