Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
For those who can understand the Laws of Noise Pollution/Noise Control there are State/Federal Laws which regulate the amount of exhaust noise/note emitted by motorcycles, autos, light/heavy duty trucks and buses. The norm is usually in a range of 84/92 Decibels and is measured at variable feet distances from the source. Most Safety Inspection Stations, some Police Department and all Heavy Manufacturing Facilities have Decibel Meters which require "Certification" to assure their accuracy as their results can usually dictate the need for "Personal Hearing Protection". That said, the current argument over which year F6B has the louder/throatier stock exhaust note is easily settled. A side by test of 2013,2014 and 2015 using a Calibrated Decibel Meter will provide "proof positive" which exhaust emits the loudest note. To my knowledge all stock motorcycle mufflers carry a "embossed/engraved" Federal Warning" about modifications which would tamper/void the Factory Designed/Regulated Noise Level.

Don't kill each other over a issue, in this case "exhaust note", which is easily and accurately answered
You need to tell that to those Harley riders with aftermarket pipes, I road next to one last year and couldn't hear myself think and had to stay ahead of him just to keep my sanity.