mix and match aftermarket backrests and racks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mix and match aftermarket backrests and racks

mix and match aftermarket backrests and racks

Please forgive my inexperience, got my new 6 Standard in December and now she sits under a cover in the garage waiting for the weather to break here in Cincy.
    Looks to me like all the aftermarket passenger backrests and luggage racks mount through the same bolt holes behind the seat. True?
    Are the MP3 rack and the Show Chrome backrest compatable? The show chrome-Value Accesories site mentions the ability to mate their backrest with the showchrome rack but I really like the MP3 style rack better. Any expierience or advise would be helpful.

Yes, Honda's factory rack, MP3's, and Showchrome's all mount to the same bolt holes as the passenger backrest.
    If you have a standard you will also need a Rear Carrier / Backrest Attachment, NHB-01
    Part #: 08L73-MJG-670ZB

All in taste. I prefer the MP3. But many here prefer the show chrome on their slower black models.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

So with the proper available brakets you can mix brands on backrests and racks?

I have an aftermarket back rest from Corbin mated with a extended height bracket on my Deluxe. Bought both items from guys here on the forum. So yes, you can mix match

Quote Originally Posted by sabre85 View Post
    So with the proper available brakets you can mix brands on backrests and racks?
    I believe I already told you that in my post. It's the second post in the thread.

Sorry bird, didn't catch that the "yes" was for both questions. OOOOPs! Thanks guys.

Good question Sabre85. I've got a MP3 rack which looks great on the bike and a show Chrome passenger back rest. I can't get them to work together......but that might just be me. Hope someone out there has this combination and can say its me and not the combination of products.

That is the combination I wanted to go with also Burgs. I assume you have the braket that Bird mentioned which mates the MP3 rack to the bike and then the backrest does not mate to the rack? Maybe someone could walk us through the install.
    I do realize that not having actually put a wrench to the bike at this point makes for some dumb questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sabre85 View Post
    I assume you have the braket that Bird mentioned which mates the MP3 rack to the bike and then the backrest does not mate to the rack?

This is the kit you need:

If you have a standard you will also need a Rear Carrier / Backrest Attachment, NHB-01
    Part #: 08L73-MJG-670ZB

I have the Honda install instructions as a pdf. If you want me to email it to you, PM me with your email address.

I'll be home from work in about 4 hours, so you'll have to wait a bit.