mix and match aftermarket backrests and racks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mix and match aftermarket backrests and racks

Correct Sabre I have the right part number and the MP3 mates perfectly to the bike but could not mate the Show Chrome back rest to the rack no matter what combination I tried. I will admit I'm not a whizz on the spanners but usually okay with basic stuff like this. Maybe someone out there has this combination and knows what I'm doing wrong.

Burgs PM me with your e-mail addy and I'll pass along the pdf file that Bigbird sent to me. What I see in the pdf tells me that the rest mounts first, and then with spacers and longer bolts the rack mounts through the same holes. Looking at pics of the two pieces we are discussing I see that maybe the front of the MP3 rack hits a high spot on the rear of the show chrome braket. ?? Just guessin'. The stock backrest bracket seems to have less of a 'hump' in it than the show chrome.
    I like the Show chrome rest because of the height adjustability. I'd like to have the backrest pad as low as is comfortable for my 'significant passenger' and the lines of the bike.
    Are there other backrests out there that are adjustable?

Oh and thanks Bigbird