there goes the neighborhood - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: there goes the neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Why did you bring the 2nd Amendment into this?

Innocent citizens need to carry guns for protection from the criminals who carry guns.
    Now everyone carries guns.
    No one knows how to use a gun safely, if there is such a thing.
    it's a revolving door that will never correct itself.
    The only way to make your country safe from criminals and addicts who seem to threaten your daily existence is to remove all guns from the hands of US citizens, save for law enforcement agencies, just like up here.
    But your outdated constitution prevents that from ever happening.
    God bless America.

I'm so sorry, you have lost credibility.
    I'm a more than a bit disappointed.
    If I show up in Holland PA on my F6B (without a handgun, of course) will you still ride with me?

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    The opinions in this post are ones I'm choosing not to further comment on because nothing good can come out of it. It's just a shame this housing is viewed as a "problem" when it's actually a method of solution...it's a shame the way some people think.
    I agree 100%, punishing people instead of helping them up doesn't work that well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    If I show up in Holland PA on my F6B (without a handgun, of course) will you still ride with me?
    If I show up with mine will you ride with me?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Boys let me tell you its OK to say that it will be all hunky dory and everything but the ugly truth is you're not the one with young children whose property butts up next to this facility. Its always OK for someone until they are offended. To the OP I feel your pain. I would talk to local LE for some assurances on stepped up patrols during meeting times and maybe organize a neighborhood watch. And to those who say live and let live , if you think that works your head is in a bag.
    +100

shooter
    Innocent citizens need to carry guns for protection from the criminals who carry guns.
    Now everyone carries guns.
    No one knows Dr how to use a gun safely, if there is such a thing.
    it's a revolving door that will never correct itself.
    The only way to make your country safe from criminals and addicts who seem to threaten your daily existence is to remove all guns from the hands of US citizens, save for law enforcement agencies, just like up here.
    God bless America.
    Bird as much as I respect you , you sir are out of touch. Canadians live under the bubble of US protection and therefore fly low under the radar. Where I live LE response time can sometimes be measured in hours or not at all. Being Proactive is the only choice one can make when it comes to the security and safety of ones family. Anyone that does not realize this is truly out of touch. LE cannot protect you from the bad guys. They can only clean up in the aftermath. And if you think a mere commoner can't be proficient with a handgun come to my gun club some Saturday and watch myself and dozens of my friends shoot an IDPA match. It is truly awe inspiring.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Boys let me tell you its OK to say that it will be all hunky dory and everything but the ugly truth is you're not the one with young children whose property butts up next to this facility. Its always OK for someone until they are offended. To the OP I feel your pain. I would talk to local LE for some assurances on stepped up patrols during meeting times and maybe organize a neighborhood watch. And to those who say live and let live , if you think that works your head is in a bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    +100
    My head is far from in a bag, it's ignorant opinions like yours and your friend up there that have head issues. I encourage you to take this up with your local politicians, police dept, home owner associations, and whom ever else you feel needs to hear how outraged you guys are.....I wish I could be there as they laugh in your face and tell you to stop wasting their time. Go ahead and request additional patrols from the police for these horrible people who are trying to beat the disease of addiction. They're "halfway" houses all over this country where people go to get sober and live with other sober people to try and better themselves. These aren't rehabs or drug addiction facilities, they're houses with a community of struggling people trying to help themselves and each other. The comments here act as if a full blown correctional facility is going up where you and your precious privileged and entitled family lay their spoiled heads every night. They obviously need to help each other any way they can because people like you wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. To each thy own and LIVE AND LET LIVE! Sober and proud of it!! I'm glad there's places that people can go to choose the path I walk.......even if it's in your backyard! Flame on....I won't be replying.

Yes. Of course. I will even invite you in, offer you food and drink and spirited discussion.
    Losing credibility on an internet thread is not cause to "un-friend" anyone. I was just disappointed that this one time, you drug something non-related into the conversation - it's not like you and I'll regard it as a one-time anomaly.
    No worries.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

No one knows how to use a gun safely, if there is such a thing.
    That there is just flat out wrong.

God bless America.
    Well, bad people seem to find a way to get guns - whether or not the guns are legal, or the procurement was legal.
    The only thing that stops a bad person with a gun, is a good person with a gun - like most law enforcement officers.
    So, if the bad people are going to get guns, regardless if they are legal, it makes no sense then to make them illegal for honest law-abiding citizens, does it?

Anyway, I'm still at a loss as to how this topic came up in a discussion about a halfway/recovery house in a neighborhood.......
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

That there is just flat out wrong.

Well, bad people seem to find a way to get guns - whether or not the guns are legal, or the procurement was legal.
    The only thing that stops a bad person with a gun, is a good person with a gun - like most law enforcement officers.
    So, if the bad people are going to get guns, regardless if they are legal, it makes no sense then to make them illegal for honest law-abiding citizens, does it?

Anyway, I'm still at a loss as to how this topic came up in a discussion about a halfway/recovery house in a neighborhood.......
    +1