there goes the neighborhood - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: there goes the neighborhood

Cool

I did not check the figure of 10K killed each year by guns in this country...could be... and we need to get rid of guns ...OK.... what about the 50K will kill each year of our roads by motor vehicles.... need to outlaw cars also...

Bob...Thanks for the piece on Indians... my extended family!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Bob...Thanks for the piece on Indians... my extended family!
    Big no-no in Canada calling our First Nations or Aboriginal people "Indians".

We owe that name to the European explorers who thought our indigenous population looked like people from India.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Big no-no in Canada calling our First Nations or Aboriginal people "Indians".

We owe that name to the European explorers who thought our indigenous population looked like people from India.
    Whatever you choose to call the original inhabitants and owners of Canada is by all means your call. No pun intended. The question is, did they invite folks from foreign shores or did foreigners just invite themselves in

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    The question is, did they invite folks from foreign shores or did foreigners just invite themselves in
    We all know the answer to that one.
    We are still and will be for a long time trying to move forward up here. Those explorers, followed by our government, did some hideous things, of which I as a Canadian, am not proud.
    My ancestors were not part of that group. They immigrated much later to the "promised land".

Three men - a Canadian farmer, Muslim fanatic and a Biker are all walking together one day.

They come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it. I will give each of you one wish, which is three wishes in total", says the Genie.

The Canadian says, "I am a farmer and my son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in Canada" POOF! With the blink of the Genie's eye, the land in Canada was forever fertile for farming.

The muslim was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around Afghanistan , Palestine , Iraq and Iran so that no infidels, Americans or Canadians can come into our precious land." POOF! Again, with the blink of the Genie's eye, there was a huge wall around those countries.

The Biker says, "I am very curious. Please tell me more about this wall."

The Genie explains, "˜Well, it's about 5,000 feet high, 500 feet thick and completely surrounds the countries. Nothing can get in or out; it's virtually impenetrable."

The Biker sits down on his Harley, cracks a beer, lights a cigar, smiles and says, "Fill it with water.

Update: the agency that was pursuing this had decided that with all concerns about this house in this neighborhood that they are not going to proceed any further with the purchase of this particular home. Now that I've gotten a good conversation about second amendment rights going
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    Update: the agency that was pursuing this had decided that with all concerns about this house in this neighborhood that they are not going to proceed any further with the purchase of this particular home. Now that I've gotten a good conversation about second amendment rights going

I am happy your are happy with the outcome... on a second note sad that your opine was jacked...it is as I have always said..you can't teach an ole dog new tricks and you will NEVER change someone's opinion!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

The direction this thread is moving, perhaps the original question should have been what would you do if Colt built a hand gun factory in your neighborhood? shot

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    The direction this thread is moving, perhaps the original question should have been what would you do if Colt built a hand gun factory in your neighborhood? shot
    Buy stock in Colt

shooter
    Glad for the OP that things went his way. We need facilities like that but not in residential neighborhoods. Don't know if I was part of the threadjack or not. You go along and just follow the 'flow'. Sometimes I'm a little too passionate about a subject. For my part I hope I gave some good advice to the OP.