Roads to ride before you go kickstand up for the last time

Thread: Roads to ride before you go kickstand up for the last time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On June 1, 2014 as I listened to the wail of the sirens of Fire / Rescue coming to help me, one of the thoughts that went through my mind, was that I would never ride the roads I had dreamed of riding on a motorcycle. My bike was totaled, and I came close to dying.

Some of those roads I wanted to ride, have been mentioned in this thread. The 21 days I spent in the hospital gave me time to realize that I had put it off long enough. I swore I would ride again, and that I would tour Colorado and Utah this summer, for my first tour. That will happen in June of this year, God willing.

The point of mentioning this? Don't put it off. If there is any way at all to ride the roads you dream about, do it. Life is too short.

As it's not far away from my place, there are some beautiful mountain passes:

The old San Gottardo Pass in Switzerland

The Furka and Susten Pass with it's Glacier

I made a video when i went their with my friends. So you can get a clue how it looks while riding those roads:

There are so many roads in this world i'd like to ride... i hope i've got enough time to see as many as possible.

@taxfree4: You got quite a great collection!
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Wouldn't that technically be 'kickstand down'?

Here is my ride: Columbia River Gorge. Right in my back yard! I run it once a week all summer long...

Attachment 11082
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.