Converting a Full Wing to a F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting a Full Wing to a F6B

Converting a Full Wing to a F6B

Hey guys been selling a lot of bikes off . I love my F6B but may have a chance to trade off a really nice Vmax , I actually have it listed in the classifides on here .
    I was thinking of trading on a left over full wing and striping the luggage off the back , I did see a pic some where on the net of a guy who did a black one looked clean .
    Any one ever convert one to a bagger ?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I seen this one over the weekend.
    Looked good.

Attachment 11116Attachment 11117Attachment 11118Attachment 11119
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

Quote Originally Posted by firetech View Post
    I seen this one over the weekend.
    Looked good.

Attachment 11116Attachment 11117Attachment 11118Attachment 11119
    Nice. I guess the F6B seat does fit the GW.

Quote Originally Posted by firetech View Post
    I seen this one over the weekend. Looked good.

Meh.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

I converted my 2012 Wing to an F6B using Honda parts. It isn't cheap and can only be done with 2012 and new Wings. I had my done by Schroader's Honda in Hendersonville NC. There is another company making a cover that goes in place of the trunk, but I didn't like the looks.

Attachment 11125

Do you really have the seating position of an F6B? I thought the rear subframe was different on the F. Allowing a lower position for the seat no?

Nice looking bikes , I have a 2013 F6b , I would have to do the numbers but swap the back half of both bikes and just sell the F6B with the wing stuff on the back could be a option for me .
    Have a Honda dealer that also has yamaha and is willing to give me a good trade number just have to figure which model .

Quote Originally Posted by Denase View Post
    Do you really have the seating position of an F6B? I thought the rear subframe was different on the F. Allowing a lower position for the seat no?
    I've had both and I feel like there is maybe an inch or so more room to slide back on the stock F6B seat as opposed to the wing or the wing converted to F6B.

Schroader's does replace the rear subframe of the Wing with an F6B one. I got a heated Corbin F6B seat instead of buying a Honda F6B OEM seat. I think this is way too expensive to buy a new Wing and convert it as it just doesn't make sense. However, there are plenty of bargains to be found on used 2012-13 Wings. I would guess you could convert a used Wing for the price of a new F6B deluxe. I couldn't ride my converted F6B without all the Wing accessories that make touring comfortable. Cruise, reverse, air suspension, TPMS, heated grips/seat are not extras for me, but essential.