Suction Cup GPS base

Thread: Suction Cup GPS base

Suction Cup GPS base

Any of you guys used the suction cup base for a GPS on your bike? I was going to try it on the windshield with my Zumo 660. Of course, if it comes loose, bad things will happen. I've heard of guys putting a safety tether on the GPS. Just wondering if anyone has tried to just use the suction base, and if it was successful.

You're just asking for disaster. The 660 comes with a RAM ready cradle, RAM makes any number of mounts you can adapt to put the 660 anywhere you want and not risk watching it bounce down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    You're just asking for disaster. The 660 comes with a RAM ready cradle, RAM makes any number of mounts you can adapt to put the 660 anywhere you want and not risk watching it bounce down the road.
    Yes...I wanted to mount it against the windshield. I hate the "gadgets on the handlebars" look. I may take one of the base mounts and drill some small holes in the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    Yes...I wanted to mount it against the windshield. I hate the "gadgets on the handlebars" look. I may take one of the base mounts and drill some small holes in the windshield.
    I did that with my Madstad shield. RAM Mount, a few rubber well nuts, and the guts to drill some holes made a great spot to mount it.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I just drilled through the dash and have the Ram ball mounted in the center of the dash. I couldn't do the windshield because mine is an electric windscreen.

Mate the handlebars is no place for gadgets, don't care what the experts say ?????
    Had me a dash for maybe 10 years or more.
    Do yourself a favor and get one.
    Great place for stuff and chocolate

Link :http://www.firecreekacc.com/farkleshelf.htm

ST1100 shelf I made

IMG_2240 (1).JPG

I watched mine bounce down the road from a suction cup , unsuction, not a pretty site.

Had one sucked to the windshield of my Rune for years... did have it tethered for safety but never came off... As far as the F6...to many options to go with the shield....JMHO
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com