Why an How Come..
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why an How Come..

Why an How Come..

Seam's like alot of guy's are selling off there F6B's . Why an How come... Let some us know just for s##t an giggle's. By the way, mine was stolen an Ins has payed off.. Lost about 800$ on bike so not to bad..Waiting till spring to get new bike.. Hopefully it will still be a F6B.

Well, I know two that just couldn't make the bike comfortable for themselves due to hip/shoulder issues.
    Another wants his Harley aesthetic (and maintenance access) simplicity back.
    After that.....???
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I'm only speaking for the Harley guys in that they miss the lifestyle, that Harley sells extremely well. There is no lifestyle attached to owning a Honda that's akin to the HD Brand. These are the guys that are in it for the bandanas, chrome and loud pipes. There is no logical reason to go from an F6B to a Harley except for the leg/hip issues described but I still say that can be corrected with the proper seat/floorboard/backrest/handlebar configuration. I have rheumatoid arthritis and lower back pain and I found the sweet spot on my F6B. Spend more money, less power, air-cooled heating plant with a much higher center of gravity with terrible dealer/customer service, illogical.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Regretfully for a few, it is a financial decision. When it comes time to reconfigure your budget due to un-expected circumstances .... the motorcycle or toys go first.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Regretfully for a few, it is a financial decision. When it comes time to reconfigure your budget due to un-expected circumstances .... the motorcycle or toys go first.
    Yes, my standard pitch to my young, single, Marines was:
    - Right now, whole world is your toybox. You can get what you want within financial reason, and not have to answer to anyone but yourself.
    - When you get married, your toybox suddenly has a bottom, two sides and a front and a back. You can still play with your toys and get new toys, but whatever is "sticking out the top," you are going to hear about.
    - When you have children, the lid closes. Whatever was sticking out the top gets chopped, everything in that toybox is suddenly considered a "liquid asset," and you don't get to play with those toys until the last kid is "off the payroll."

Some are still single to this day.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Hopefully the economy will continue to get better over time which will help a lot of potential buyers spend money on "toys"...I don't see much hope with the current "idiot" in the White House, but things are bound to improve in the USA over time...I read today that Americans are now $ 3.17 trillion dollars in debt with consumer purchases...Mortgages, cars, credit cards, toys, etc. etc...Unfortunately I fall into that category to a point....But as said above, sometimes personal finances, health issues, etc. require us to part ways with some of the things we enjoy but often don't need!!!...Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I'm only speaking for the Harley guys in that they miss the lifestyle, that Harley sells extremely well. There is no lifestyle attached to owning a Honda that's akin to the HD Brand. These are the guys that are in it for the bandanas, chrome and loud pipes.
    So true
    Harley would never recognize the so called Outlaw element that brought their product but when Vaughn Beals and his cronies brought Harley and went broke and then got Reagon to raise the import tariff on bikes by a zillion percent thay opened a magazine and realized the market for Harleys was actually to the scumbag element and those that wanted to play dress up and pretend they were ????????

In Vaghn Beals own words the HOG club was formed so American accountants could all by Harleys and their products so they could play dress up and pretend they were something they weren't on a Sunday ??

Remember before Beals the only aftermarket product you could by that had a Harley name on it was with luck a T-shirt with the Harley Shield on it??

I mean ??? its 2015 and people are still buying an antique motorcycle with an external push-rod, duel fire motor that has a single disk, single piston front brake caliper and the handling of a wheelbarrow with a flat tyre and one handlebar ???

Ahhhhh but you can buy Harley T-shirts, underpants and after shave to match

Rode an FLH stroker for many many years and sold it in(93/94 when all the trendies brought Harleys Chaps with the bum cut out and Harley Bandanas Tshirts and fake tattoo and rings.

Taxfree4 referred to the Harley lifestyle, that Honda doesn't have one. After buying my F6B I joined GWRRA. I'm involved with a very active chapter and enjoy the club activities. There is a Honda lifestyle.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I'm only speaking for the Harley guys in that they miss the lifestyle, that Harley sells extremely well. There is no lifestyle attached to owning a Honda that's akin to the HD Brand. These are the guys that are in it for the bandanas, chrome and loud pipes. There is no logical reason to go from an F6B to a Harley except for the leg/hip issues described but I still say that can be corrected with the proper seat/floorboard/backrest/handlebar configuration. I have rheumatoid arthritis and lower back pain and I found the sweet spot on my F6B. Spend more money, less power, air-cooled heating plant with a much higher center of gravity with terrible dealer/customer service, illogical.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Taxfree4 referred to the Harley lifestyle, that Honda doesn't have one. After buying my F6B I joined GWRRA. I'm involved with a very active chapter and enjoy the club activities. There is a Honda lifestyle.
    Yes. GWRRA is a great organization. My '81 Standard Wing and I were members in San Diego and in Eastern PA. Lots of corporate knowledge and really good people who helped me understand the nuances of my 'first girl." They would do lots of things each weekend and sponsor charities and be "Wingers" - I just couldn't spare the time to be THAT involved.
    And unfortunately, life & the USMC called and I was anything but a good club member.

Yes Harley has a huge following and I am a HOG Life Member. I also have stock in Harley from MANY moons ago.
    And, I do NOT belong to a local chapter. I find their arrogance towards those of us in the "can't-make-every-chapter-meeting-nor-financially-support-every-thing-planned" category a huge turn off.
    I mean, the meetings were on Monday nights. Ever heard of MNF? Really?

I have my own life to live, my own bikes to ride. I affiliate with no brand. I have fun. If something gets in the way of my fun? It goes away.
    I pray that I am fiscally able to keep a bike as long as I am able to ride.
    And? I use Aqua Velva.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce