Why an How Come.. - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why an How Come..

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    I appreciate all the comments I just felt like I needed to vent about the resale and trade in value. I really do like the bike but I have a Beamer really catching my eye (k1600) and it just sucks to know the f6 isn't worth much on trade.
    I also love my F6B and plan to keep it a while...But, also like the BMW 1600GT and would consider one later on if the F6B's value had not "tanked" so bad. I would be lucky to get $10,000-$12,000 for a bike I paid damn near twice that for 18 months ago...Granted I had it custom painted, Cobra pipes, Mustang seat, and other goodies installed, but Honda should be ashamed of themselves, in my opinion, for their selfish marketing practices and causing the value of a really nice bike to drop so dramatically so fast!!!...I know they are not selling very well as my dealer still has 2013's on the floor and has refused to stock 2014/15's until he dumps the leftovers....Oh well, just venting and will wait until the roads are clear and go ride a terrific motorcycle and be thankful for that.....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    ...And eventually maybe awareness will increase, and stripped black 13's will be in high demand over those silly Yellow ones.

I really like you, motoman. You're always an optimist... And such a Dreamer!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

i've read this post for a while now,i really believe those who sell there bike should,its apparent the f6b is not for every one,i always read these posts and chuckle sometimes...
    the f6b may not ever hold the value of the harley,we knew that going in to this,iv'e sold honda's and lost money on them before but lets be honest those who ride them and i me really ride them keep them
    this bike will out last all the harley's you buy now,and to be honest have way less china shit on them
    words of advice,if the bike don't fit you sell it or don't buy it,you wont change it like a harley
    to many x harley guys are locked in to the kool aid
    enjoy those new bikes,i will be riding mine.

Since I never made profit on any bike , I accepted losses . Today nothing is holding value well , with little exception of limited Runes (?) . It's the price of our happiness and joy anyway . On the long run makes sense to have it .
    I'm attached to my toys . Without them , life could be empty ...

I bought my '13 and got a pretty good deal on it. Has a few extras so I'm pretty happy,even though I couldnt sell it for what I paid. THAT difference is more than made up by the enjoyment I have gotten riding it.All told, I bought my bike from a guy that traded his Harley for it, then traded it back to a Harley dealer for another Harley.
    Works for me !
    Would I sell mine ? Sure - 23K firm. And guess where I'll be the next morning? My Honda dealer buying a new one :-)
    Besides,if I had wanted an investment,I'd have bought IBM stock.
    I bought a motorcycle that I love and am very cool with that decision.....

Well... I own an F6B, an H-D CVO FatBob and a Vic XCT... I love all of them...

They each have a different riding "feel", and each bring a smile to my face...

It's not what you ride, it's that you ride at all....

Just MHO...

Quote Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
    Well... I own an F6B, an H-D CVO FatBob and a Vic XCT... I love all of them...

They each have a different riding "feel", and each bring a smile to my face...

It's not what you ride, it's that you ride at all....

Just MHO...
    lucky man...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Just sell it and stop whining

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    I really like you, motoman. You're always an optimist... And such a Dreamer!
    People always want what they can't get.

Watch what happens when Honda discontinues the Black F6B.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    People always want what they can't get.

Watch what happens when Honda discontinues the Black F6B.
    yup