Why an How Come.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Why an How Come..

I wasn't knocking the Honda motorcycle clubs they are great organizations I was just pointing out that it was not akin to the Harley global persona. I find, in my own opinion, that Goldwing, F6B etc riders are more independent riders in they don't need a pack and, in most cases, don't want one. Whereas, the whole Harley mystique is a bunch of friends on the weekend getting together in packs in their pirate outfits and riding loudly to the local diner, eating and spending the next hour in the parking lot comparing chrome, lights, clothing and pipes. And that is fine, it makes them happy and sells a lot of accesories, HD dealers are boutiques these days because the brand is very well marketed. I don't find people walking around with cutoff T-Shirts with a skull on the front with the word Honda across it, or people custom painting their Goldwings with the grim reaper on it. It's just not the brand of the company, thankfully.

Wait a minute...your half right. I don't like to ride with crowds. I wear what I want when I ride whichever bike. But don't pick on my family tree (skulls).. Not taking my self too seriously.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Being half right is about my batting average.

Or it could simply be some bought it on impulse and had buyers regret, which happens with many bikes. Or, they wanted this bike to be what they thought it would be but it isn't.

Not all bike buyers make sound decisions - shocking I know.

Potential 6B buyers should be thrilled some used ones are hitting the market - they will save some cash and probably get some free or close to free farkles.

And so it goes......

Pure numbers. The F6B ownership base is growing, and some people don't hold on to anything very long. Some people want something different. I used to trade a lot, and had more than 1 bike in the garage. Not anymore. Is the F6B perfect? No way, nothing is, but it sure beats anything else I've ridden.

No one bike is going to give you everything you want it's a matter of degrees. In my case it was literally the degrees on my Harley, couldn't take the heat of the 103. I didn't care if the F6B didn't have cruise, I could always fix that, all that mattered is it had liquid cooling, it was a touring bike and it had a solid pedigree. I used to swap every two years with my bikes so maybe they were just waiting for the cruise on the 2015. The F6B buyer is not a first time buyer so there is a lot of time in the saddle and a wealth of riding behind that purchase. Besides there really is no where to go from here, especially not backwards so I am guessing either lifestyle or upgrade. Maybe that's a good question to ask at the dealer when they bring it in.

Cool

53Driver.... You Sir/Friend are way to funny !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    53Driver.... You Sir/Friend are way to funny !!!!
    Thank you. Every day I wake up, I have 56,000 seconds to make lives more surreal. I try to have fun....Slainte!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I can't help but chuckle when people poke fun of HOG. One friend of mine calls it Hundreds Of Gays. Anyway, I'm a Harley owner and HOG member and really enjoy the camaraderie. My chapter actually rides. I checked out the GWRRA after I got the F6B but quickly found out it stands for Gold Wing Restaurant Raiders Association. I know there are Wing groups out there that do a lot of riding but the ones I've seen around here just ride 50 miles to get ice cream. I love my F6B for commuting and two up traveling but I put a lot of miles on my little Harley and love it just as much. It's just different. I went through a phase of wearing the pirate outfits but have found myself more and more embarrassed to wear the vest and all that crap. Now it just hangs in the closet. I love to ride, no matter what I'm riding, and I don't knock anyone for riding what they like to ride. If you're fists are in the wind, it's all good with me.

Maybe it's funny , or maybe unconventional . Due to riding various bikes , I never judge the owners of different brands . My observations are rather focused on the passengers , sitting behind the riders . If I see fluffy , overweight ( and usually ugly ) tits exposers on HDs , I turn my head with disgust . In comparison to pretty , nicely dressed chicks, leaning to their boyfriend's on Ducati's or BMW's , my heart pumps harder and make me designated to ride even more . Is there only one thing , which I really hate , is the German Nazi helmets on riders wearing sneakers and dirty t-shirts.

ps. Please do not accuse me for intollerance .