Hayabusa
    BMW R1150R
    BMW K1200R
    BMW R1200RT
    HD RoadGlide
    Concours 14
    HD Deluxe
    F6B

So here's what I have owned. I buy whatever I want, I'm not locked into any manufacturer. Most I only keep for a few years. The F6B is going to cost me the most in depreciation.
    I have ridden low tech and the highest tech. And here I am about to trade in F6B for another Harley. Guess I'm just not very logical. Or I really like those overpriced shirts.
    Thank God I am fortunate enough to ride what I want to ride. I will be selling locally my Madstad windshield.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

All of them depreciate , unless you have rare , antic piece of art ...

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Once in a while you see a guy on a Goldwing that thinks he looks COOL ....

Attachment 11220

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Holy Moly!!!
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Whereas, the whole Harley mystique is a bunch of friends on the weekend getting together in packs in their pirate outfits and riding loudly to the local diner, eating and spending the next hour in the parking lot comparing chrome, lights, clothing and pipes.
    Hahaha just yesterday a new HD-like shop opened in our town and my wife asked me, why i don't go there to watch their opening party. I told her exactly the same

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Yes, my standard pitch to my young, single, Marines was: (...)
    Man, i am so happy i only have a wife and a dog... and we all have our own bank accounts
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I can't help but chuckle when people poke fun of HOG. One friend of mine calls it Hundreds Of Gays. Anyway, I'm a Harley owner and HOG member and really enjoy the camaraderie. My chapter actually rides. I checked out the GWRRA after I got the F6B but quickly found out it stands for Gold Wing Restaurant Raiders Association. I know there are Wing groups out there that do a lot of riding but the ones I've seen around here just ride 50 miles to get ice cream. I love my F6B for commuting and two up traveling but I put a lot of miles on my little Harley and love it just as much. It's just different. I went through a phase of wearing the pirate outfits but have found myself more and more embarrassed to wear the vest and all that crap. Now it just hangs in the closet. I love to ride, no matter what I'm riding, and I don't knock anyone for riding what they like to ride. If you're fists are in the wind, it's all good with me.
    Written by someone who understands. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    Hahaha just yesterday a new HD-like shop opened in our town and my wife asked me, why i don't go there to watch their opening party. I told her exactly the same

Man, i am so happy i only have a wife and a dog... and we all have our own bank accounts
    Harley Davidson really brings legitimacy to the weekend warrior. And it's a fact that besides AIDS it's the #2 killer of yuppies and hipsters.

I like all brands of motorcycles. I ride what I want to ride. I have owned pretty much all brands. None are perfect.
    What I dislike are folks that are so opinionated and arrogant and let it show.

Nope, not ever gonna sell it, and feel sad for those who do.

My last one got punted out from under me and was beyond repair (81 Interstate). I'm thankful for another beautiful machine that I can make fit me, and that's never gonna be a Harley or BMW being only 5 feet tall.

Besides, I think I look like a dork wearing black leather in summer, or a vest full of pins at a Goldwing event. I just like to ride and enjoy others that enjoy their's too.

Very interesting posts, guys!
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    I like all brands of motorcycles. I ride what I want to ride. I have owned pretty much all brands. None are perfect.
    What I dislike are folks that are so opinionated and arrogant and let it show.
    +1