Why an How Come.. - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why an How Come..

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    I'd love to trade my 2013 for a 2015 with the cruise and new exhaust...but I figure I would have to cough up around 6-7 grand! That's a really expensive cruise control and exhaust!
    I'm in the same boat as the value of the 13's has crashed.So this is my cruise control.It's a Breakaway which lets me relax the wrist and I like the fact that it has two ways to unlock with the push of the lever or a pull on the brake handle.001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Show up at the Rally
    I'll try - honestly - I'll try

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as the value of the 13's has crashed.So this is my cruise control.It's a Breakaway which lets me relax the wrist and I like the fact that it has two ways to unlock with the push of the lever or a pull on the brake handle.Attachment 11251
    I bought the Brakeaway, sent it back for one reason, the brake pivot bolt was too short to get the acorn nut on once you attached the L bracket from the unit. Brakeaway doesn't supply you with a longer one. Actually, after calling Brian from Brakeaway he said maybe Honda gave me short ones, which I knew was BS.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I bought the Brakeaway, sent it back for one reason, the brake pivot bolt was too short to get the acorn nut on once you attached the L bracket from the unit. Brakeaway doesn't supply you with a longer one. Actually, after calling Brian from Brakeaway he said maybe Honda gave me short ones, which I knew was BS.
    That's strange.

My Brakeaway came with all the correct parts to properly install on my F6B.

Something is rotten in Denmark. (Or Brooklyn)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    That's strange.

My Brakeaway came with all the correct parts to properly install on my F6B.

Something is rotten in Denmark. (Or Brooklyn)
    The Brakeaway came with all the parts except once I removed the acorn nut and slipped the little L bracket on that pivot bolt there was nothing left for it to grab on to. You didn't change that bolt did you? That would be a major error.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The Brakeaway came with all the parts except once I removed the acorn nut and slipped the little L bracket on that pivot bolt there was nothing left for it to grab on to. You didn't change that bolt did you? That would be a major error.
    I only used the parts supplied to me by Brakeaway.
    I really don't remember the details, as it was 7 months ago. It works fine, so I must have assembled it correctly. There are a few others on the forum who have installed a Breakaway. Yours is the first I have heard of any problem.

I just went out to the garage to have a look. The bracket and acorn nut look fine. I pulled out the little bag of leftover parts and Allen keys that it came with. In the bag was a short bolt with a hex head on it. I wonder if my kit came with 2 bolts and I used the longer one? Now you've got me wondering.

I even did a video pointing out the problem, no sound, I don't know why.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9P24NDBViRk

Tried to play your video. It says "This video is private".

I only used the parts supplied to me by Brakeaway.
    I really don't remember the details, as it was 7 months ago. It works fine, so I must have assembled it correctly. There are a few others on the forum who have installed a Breakaway. Yours is the first I have heard of any problem.

I just went out to the garage to have a look. The bracket and acorn nut look fine. I pulled out the little bag of leftover parts and Allen keys that it came with. In the bag was a short bolt with a hex head on it. I wonder if my kit came with 2 bolts and I used the longer one? Now you've got me wondering.
    Well the stock bolt would have a screw head on it so that would be easy. As far as changing the acorn to a flat nut, I wouldn't do it personally as that would be seen, in case something happened God forbid, as altering a Honda stock part to accommodate an aftermarket item.

Tried to play your video. It says "This video is private".

I'll make it public