Could the Valkyrie Be a Edsel
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Could the Valkyrie Be a Edsel

Could the Valkyrie Be a Edsel

Hey guys I was at a few honda dealers over the weekend . Does not look good for the Valkyrie , everyone has 2 or 3 , looks like the next step is to start taping money to the bikes .
    I can get one for under 12k , I think if they would have made the bike in the more treditional classic look they would have sold more , now there just sprinkled all over .
    I was looking at the goldwing , one sales guy made a joke buy 3 full wings and get a F6c for free ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Hey guys I was at a few honda dealers over the weekend . Does not look good for the Valkyrie , everyone has 2 or 3 , looks like the next step is to start taping money to the bikes .
    I can get one for under 12k , I think if they would have made the bike in the more treditional classic look they would have sold more , now there just sprinkled all over .
    I was looking at the goldwing , one sales guy made a joke buy 3 full wings and get a F6c for free ... LOL
    Under $12k NEW really?.....who is the dealer, their phone number, web site?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Yes - All yours ... and it's black .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Valkyr...US_motorcycles

PS.
    Re-listed price can be lower .

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Yes - All yours ... and it's black .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Valkyr...US_motorcycles

PS.
    Re-listed price can be lower .
    $11,742 and listing has ended.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I really liked the new Valkyrie. It was a really nice ride when I test rode one. And Corbin now has some really nice bags for it. Another fellow Valk owner on the VRCC has gone through quite an effort to put different handlebars on it. He put some old model Valkyrie bars and some risers to get the handlebars where he wanted. All that being said, as much as I liked it, I knew that I also liked having a stereo and fairing and at the time I was shopping , the Corbin bags were just something to look forward to not a reality. The F6B just made sense, plus there are a lot more readily available accessory options because of the close relationship to a standard Gold Wing. I think Honda blew it. While I am in the camp of liking it, it certainly has been a polarizing ,love it or hate it design. Most old school owners wanted a more retro styled bike like the original and even though I like it , I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Under $12k NEW really?.....who is the dealer, their phone number, web site?
    http://www.masoncityhonda.com/

Just scroll down a little on their home page....

Great people to deal with, when I bought my F6B from them they installed a passenger back rest and rack at 20% off list price and no labor charge and no delivery or set up charges for the bike.

I don't love , nor hate - simply not interested in her present form . If I was willing to spend $11,5K , I would instantly try to re-shape GW like radiator's looking covers , which esthetically doesn't match rest of the bike and its modern style . Such a re-design could create different image and earn more interest . Wander , why Honda didn't think about it before finding apparent failure in sale ?

I truly wonder what the test marketing group looked like and at what the test marketeers looked at.

My opinion is that it tried to be too "easy" as a GW/F6B with even less parts, and TOTALLY lost it's identity as a cruiser.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

A friend of mine has the opinion ( I don't share this opinion ) that Honda came out with the original Valkyrie to use up 1500 engines before coming out with the 1800 Gold Wing and therefore...... I'll let your imagination run with the rest, but I think you get where this is going

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    A friend of mine has the opinion ( I don't share this opinion ) that Honda came out with the original Valkyrie to use up 1500 engines before coming out with the 1800 Gold Wing and therefore...... I'll let your imagination run with the rest, but I think you get where this is going
    Tell your friend that Honda was one of the first companies to introduce "just in time" manufacturing, which I'm sure you already knew.