Klock Werks Flare windshield impressions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klock Werks Flare windshield impressions

Klock Werks Flare windshield impressions

Put one on my '13 replacing the stock one.

Install pretty easy. No issues. Installed at "normal" height. Can be modded to go up another 2 inches.

Seems well made. No flexing or shaking no matter what, even at warp speed. Solid.

On the road... it is better than stock. Way better than stock. It looks kinda cool. Certainly not as effective as a barn door full on Goldwing shield, but is a good compromise.

Easy to look over - important to me because I don't like looking through the shield. Top of the shield is about chin height, maybe a bit lower depending on how much I slouch.

At 70 - 75 mph in CLEAN air, it works remarkably well. The airstream hits the top of my helmet (I'm 5-9) and there is no buffeting. I can crack open my full face and not have my eyeballs blown out.

The airstream does create some helmet noise, less than the stock windshield, but the lack of turbulence more than offsets this in my mind.

Can hear the radio pretty well at 70.

At 80+ there is still no buffeting, but the noise does increase a bit - approaching that of the stock shield. Can still hear the radio, but its maxed out.

Still get some good airflow around me which should help on hot days. Not too bad at all on cold days.

Passenger likes it, says better than stock. No buffeting and she states the noise for her is a bit less.

In DIRTY air, like behind a truck or gusting crosswinds, there is a BIT of turbulence but nowhere near the stocker. Noise goes up to around stock level.

Bugs hitting it are blown over the top of my helmet, kinda fun to watch their remains going over the top, but then they impact my passengers face shield...

At really fast speeds, all the bugs go over both of us....

Good balance of style and functionality, without having to go with a traditional "flat" windshield.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it and it seems to work well for how I ride and what I need the bike to do!

Good write up!

I rode to work this morning with the KW shield for the first time. Anything is better than stock and IMO this is the "coolest" looking shield, but it's not without compromise. There is considerably more wind noise than the Windbender, which is adjustable. Time will tell if it's worth the compromise. I'm not positive but I think you can only modify it to go up one inch without seeing the original holes sticking out the top.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Good write up!

I rode to work this morning with the KW shield for the first time. Anything is better than stock and IMO this is the "coolest" looking shield, but it's not without compromise. There is considerably more wind noise than the Windbender, which is adjustable. Time will tell if it's worth the compromise. I'm not positive but I think you can only modify it to go up one inch without seeing the original holes sticking out the top.
    I agree it looks cool, only you can make the call whether or not the look is worth the noise, it wasn't for me. Did I say, I love my Madstad?!!!

Have a bagger shield....still looking at either a Winderbender or a Madstsd...just can;t get past the looks of the Madstad....Thats why im leaning toward the Windbender....

With the Madstad, if you get the smoke screen you really don't notice the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_A View Post
    Can hear the radio pretty well at 70.

Good balance of style and functionality, without having to go with a traditional "flat" windshield.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it and it seems to work well for how I ride and what I need the bike to do!
    After 3 weeks using it, my conclusions are basically the same, as you said "pretty happy"
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How about some pics? Please.
    Doc

1998 Suzuki GS500E (Sold)
    2001 Yamaha VS250 Virago (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King (Sold)
    2013 Honda GL1800BD F6B (Sold)
    2013 Honda CB500F
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
    2016 Honda GL1800

Happy, happy with my Baggershield and have no reason to spend more money on anything else....Too each his own as they say!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Happy, happy with my Baggershield and have no reason to spend more money on anything else....Too each his own as they say!!!
    Same with me, I like the looks. I also raised mine a bit and is now perfect height for me. I was interested in BikeMP3's power windshield, but didn't get it because I wanted a dark tinted one and they so far have only the clear one. I just love how the dark tinted Baggershield looks on this bike.

Attachment 11332 Attachment 11333Attachment 11334

Attachment 11336Attachment 11337Attachment 11338Attachment 11339
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedman71 View Post
    How about some pics? Please.
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]