The American Conundrum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The American Conundrum.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    True...but a motorcycle part is 5 X's the cost here in the U.S.A. ...just sayin......
    I guess you had to come up with at least 1 reason not to live in Australia.

If I had to emigrate somewhere from Canada, OZ is where I'd go, followed by the Scandinavian countries, then the Netherlands and Belgium.

Sorry, American neighbours, but the USA wouldn't be on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post

If I had to emigrate somewhere from Canada, OZ is where I'd go, followed by the Scandinavian countries, then the Netherlands and Belgium.

That's OK we'll take the loss.

shooter

Yeah I wouldn't want to move to the greatest country on the planet either.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't want to move to the greatest country on the planet either.
    We may be the best and I feel that can be debated but being the best is not a high bar to attain looking at all around this wonderfull planet we live on.

The more people I meet-The more I love my Dog!

shooter
    I agree with you edge but any direction you go from here is still downhill. We aren't respected and feared like we used to be. And that is because the leadership of this country is a joke.

We aren't respected and feared like we used to be.
    Respect, yes.
    Living in fear of other countries only provokes aggression and ultimately, war.
    History can prove that time and again.

Respect, yes.
    The only time your opponent respects you is when he fears your retaliation. The Soviet Union didn't buckle till they knew we could implement Star Wars, which they feared. What good were their nukes if we could pick them out of the sky? That's check and mate, "Now sign on the dotted line you commie bastard or we'll blow you and Mrs. Gorby out of the Kremlin" Reagan was heard to have said.

shooter
    Respect, yes.
    You're wrong again Bird. Let me ask you a question. When you was a little fledgling and you did something wrong , did you fear your daddy spanking you? Of course you did. And out of that fear you came to respect your dad for everything he was. Fear breeds respect. Its not the only way to get respect , but it is one way. I'm glad Canada has you buddy. We have enough tree huggers down here as it is.

You're wrong again Bird. Let me ask you a question. When you was a little fledgling and you did something wrong , did you fear your daddy spanking you? Of course you did. And out of that fear you came to respect your dad for everything he was. Fear breeds respect. Its not the only way to get respect , but it is one way. I'm glad Canada has you buddy. We have enough tree huggers down here as it is.
    Shooter, please "go easy" on bigbird! All of his problems revolve around not being a "Dark Sider"

You're wrong again Bird.
    In your mind, apparently, as always.

Fear does not breed respect. It breeds fear.
    When we enter this world, we know nothing of hate, bigotry, violence, and greed. Those are not innate behaviours.

For the rest of your lifetime and possibly into the far future, Americans will always be looking over their shoulders, not only at home, but abroad.
    I know you love your country and for you it is the greatest country in the world in which to live. I think that's great.
    But..... Do you ever wonder why the USA is the most despised country in the world?
    Because you are a threat to every other country.
    Whether it's oil or water or money, you want it all, and everybody else be damned.

The future does not look bright for our planet.

I have now donned my flame retardant suit, as I know you armed militia types have now clicked off the safety on your flame throwers.
    Let 'er rip!