2016 Indian Dark Horse - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2016 Indian Dark Horse

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The only obstacle I can see with the Revolution is how do you get the displacement you're looking for on a Road Glide in the same space you have a V-Twin now while keeping the tank where it is? I'm not sure where the V-Rod is at but I'll take a stab and say you need 20% more? How do you obtain that without an increase in size of both the engine and the cooling system? There just doesn't seem to be that much room to spare.
    Would have to be a totally new bike, something Harley won't do. I would actually want something that didn't look like everything they've made the last 100+ years. Not to change the subject, but it's a little cool up there tonight isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Would have to be a totally new bike, something Harley won't do. I would actually want something that didn't look like everything they've made the last 100+ years. Not to change the subject, but it's a little cool up there tonight isn't it?
    Slightly, today it'll be between 1 and 18 degrees

The only obstacle I can see with the Revolution is how do you get the displacement you're looking for on a Road Glide in the same space you have a V-Twin now while keeping the tank where it is? I'm not sure where the V-Rod is at but I'll take a stab and say you need 20% more? How do you obtain that without an increase in size of both the engine and the cooling system? There just doesn't seem to be that much room to spare.
    Does not need to be bigger, 2015 VRSCF is rated at 122HP and 86 foot pounds of torque. It's plenty strong with almost no vibration. In fact, it is faster than F6B 0-60 mph while having less weight, not to mention a current Road Glide. It also has a lower center of gravity due to gas tank being below the seat (5 gallons), so it handles faster.

In comparison, Rider Magazine dynoed 2015 Road Glide High Output 103cc at 72.8 horsepower and 92.0 lb-ft of torque. Road Glide weighs 835lbs. and VRSCF 673lbs.

We have regulations in the European Community how much carbon dioxide is allowed to get out of the vehicle every kilometer. If it's too much you are not allowed to sell that vehicle here. Already now you are not allowed to drive into the center of big cities with old cars that pollute the air too much.

This regulations are getting tighter year by year. In the future you can't achieve them anymore with air cooled engines, what means HD wouldn't be allowed to sell his actual range of products in several years in the EU.
    I assume this could be one of the reasons HD is changing to liquid cooled engines.
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

That is their dilemna, how do you move forward with a stronghold on the V-Twin market, which is the money maker, not upsetting that crowd of loyalist while needing to advance, technologically, in order to handle these ever- increasing displacement contests between brands? And, more importantly, how do you change anything without first considering the effect of the very well-branded lifestyle, that Harley sells so well.

Slightly, today it'll be between 1 and 18 degrees
    This winter is a BigBird's curse . I asked him to keep that got damn winter around his arctic circle , but he didn't listen.

BOTH OF YOU ARE CORRECT

That is their dilemna, how do you move forward with a stronghold on the V-Twin market, which is the money maker, not upsetting that crowd of loyalist while needing to advance, technologically, in order to handle these ever- increasing displacement contests between brands? And, more importantly, how do you change anything without first considering the effect of the very well-branded lifestyle, that Harley sells so well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    We have regulations in the European Community how much carbon dioxide is allowed to get out of the vehicle every kilometer. If it's too much you are not allowed to sell that vehicle here. Already now you are not allowed to drive into the center of big cities with old cars that pollute the air too much.

This regulations are getting tighter year by year. In the future you can't achieve them anymore with air cooled engines, what means HD wouldn't be allowed to sell his actual range of products in several years in the EU.
    I assume this could be one of the reasons HD is changing to liquid cooled engines.

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread...to-air-cooling

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Does not need to be bigger, 2015 VRSCF is rated at 122HP and 86 foot pounds of torque. It's plenty strong with almost no vibration. In fact, it is faster than F6B 0-60 mph while having less weight, not to mention a current Road Glide. It also has a lower center of gravity due to gas tank being below the seat (5 gallons), so it handles faster.

In comparison, Rider Magazine dynoed 2015 Road Glide High Output 103cc at 72.8 horsepower and 92.0 lb-ft of torque. Road Glide weighs 835lbs. and VRSCF 673lbs.
    On paper that sounds great but I'd like to see that in reality. Isn't the Revo a 60 degree V? So now aren't we looking at frame reconstruction? In the end it's their headache but if you put anything but that air-cooled V-Twin in any one of their touring models that bike will sit there a long time. People don't buy Harleys for the latest technology, they buy them because they look good, sound great and are easy to work on. You start mucking with that and that's a recipe for disaster. They dug themselves a nice, deep hole.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    There's the new Harley Street, but the bummer is it costs almost as much as a Sporty. I rode a 750 and it was actually a hoot.

Attachment 11366
    I'd take a Yamaha Bolt ahead of the sporty or its little 750 and 550 brothers.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/26...mparison-test/

The Bolt is more manageable during aggressive riding and more comfortable for freeway stints. It’s got a better power curve, stops better, turns better, doesn’t shake your fillings loose. Overall, it’s the bike that feels more like a motorcycle and less like a life-size toy.