2016 Indian Dark Horse - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Indian Dark Horse

more pictures:

Attachment 11353Attachment 11354Attachment 11355

Basically the same bike as before with matt black paint and less parts on it to make it cheaper, oops I meant lighter... No passengers need apply as it comes with solo seat and no passenger pegs, so must spend more if needed... I do have a problem with oil cooler removed as this is a functional item. Also no extra running lights. When you take all the stuff you may need to add and fugly primer looking black paint I don't think it's such a good deal.

New paint and less parts don't make for a new bike model in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mercator1 View Post
    Looking forward to checking out the Ducati Scramblers for an around town bike.
    Yes - this bike has excellent review . I would love to take a test ride and compare to Honda CB 1100 , which I like a lot. Triumps , Moto-Guzzis , KTMs , and BMW RnineT . I want them all !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Yes - this bike has excellent review . I would love to take a test ride and compare to Honda CB 1100 , which I like a lot. Triumps , Moto-Guzzis , KTMs , and BMW RnineT . I want them all !!!
    I like the Triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I like the Triumph.
    Yes - and it's in the same price as Ducati ( +/- $8.5K ).
    Now is a fashion for "rejuvanated" SCRAMBLERS ...

Always way ahead of their time

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Don't forget Bimota

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That is even too big, cc-wise, it looks like a toss up between the Enfield Thunderbird 350 or, forgot about this, Honda Rebel. Something when you're too lazy to take a car or a 800+ Lb. bike.
    There's the new Harley Street, but the bummer is it costs almost as much as a Sporty. I rode a 750 and it was actually a hoot.

Attachment 11366

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    There's the new Harley Street, but the bummer is it costs almost as much as a Sporty. I rode a 750 and it was actually a hoot.

Attachment 11366
    I agree, nice little bike, seems like it would be reliable. I'm looking forward to seeing some customized versions soon.

I have a VRSCF for about 4 years now and it has been fun and greatly reliable bike so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post

Attachment 11366
    The problem I have with that is this is Harley's first step into a liquid-cooled V-Twin street bike, that I can recall, and being that they've always used the public as their R&D I would be apprehensive on a new model, if I was interested. There are companies that have been doing this for years and are extremely successful at it with much lower priced models.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The problem I have with that is this is Harley's first step into a liquid-cooled V-Twin street bike, that I can recall, and being that they've always used the public as their R&D I would be apprehensive on a new model, if I was interested. There are companies that have been doing this for years and are extremely successful at it with much lower priced models.
    Definitely not the first:

From Wikipedia:

Revolution engine

The Revolution engine is based on the VR-1000 Superbike race program, co-developed by Harley-Davidson's Powertrain Engineering team and Porsche Engineering in Stuttgart, Germany. It is a liquid cooled, dual overhead cam, internally counterbalanced 60 degree V-twin engine with a displacement of 69 cubic inch (1,130 cc), producing 115 hp (86 kW) at 8,250 rpm at the crank, with a redline of 9,000 rpm.[105][106] It was introduced for the new V-Rod line in 2001 for the 2002 model year, starting with the single VRSCA (V-Twin Racing Street Custom) model.[107][108]

A 1,250 cc Screamin' Eagle version of the Revolution engine was made available for 2005 and 2006, and was present thereafter in a single production model from 2005 to 2007. In 2008, the 1,250 cc Revolution Engine became standard for the entire VRSC line. Harley-Davidson claims 123 hp (92 kW) at the crank for the 2008 VRSCAW model. The VRXSE Destroyer is equipped with a stroker (75 mm crank) Screamin' Eagle 79 cubic inch (1,300 cc) Revolution Engine, producing more than 165 hp (123 kW).

750cc and 500cc versions of the Revolution engine will be used in Harley Davidson's new Street line of light cruisers.[109] These motors, named the Revolution X, use a single overhead cam, screw and locknut valve adjustment, a single internal counterbalancer, and vertically split crankcases; all of these changes making it different from the original Revolution design.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Definitely not the first:

From Wikipedia:

Revolution engine

The Revolution engine is based on the VR-1000 Superbike race program, co-developed by Harley-Davidson's Powertrain Engineering team and Porsche Engineering in Stuttgart, Germany. It is a liquid cooled, dual overhead cam, internally counterbalanced 60 degree V-twin engine with a displacement of 69 cubic inch (1,130 cc), producing 115 hp (86 kW) at 8,250 rpm at the crank, with a redline of 9,000 rpm.[105][106] It was introduced for the new V-Rod line in 2001 for the 2002 model year, starting with the single VRSCA (V-Twin Racing Street Custom) model.[107][108]

A 1,250 cc Screamin' Eagle version of the Revolution engine was made available for 2005 and 2006, and was present thereafter in a single production model from 2005 to 2007. In 2008, the 1,250 cc Revolution Engine became standard for the entire VRSC line. Harley-Davidson claims 123 hp (92 kW) at the crank for the 2008 VRSCAW model. The VRXSE Destroyer is equipped with a stroker (75 mm crank) Screamin' Eagle 79 cubic inch (1,300 cc) Revolution Engine, producing more than 165 hp (123 kW).

750cc and 500cc versions of the Revolution engine will be used in Harley Davidson's new Street line of light cruisers.[109] These motors, named the Revolution X, use a single overhead cam, screw and locknut valve adjustment, a single internal counterbalancer, and vertically split crankcases; all of these changes making it different from the original Revolution design.
    Correct, but it says these are NEW versions of that motor, which means they were engineered down for the first time, no?