2016 Indian Dark Horse - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Indian Dark Horse

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Correct, but it says these are NEW versions of that motor, which means they were engineered down for the first time, no?
    I believe you are right. I do think HD applied what they learned of liquid cooled v twins from VRod years into designing the new Street engine. Revolution engine has proven to be reliable and potent, that's why I think that these new bikes should be good to go as well. In fact, I think that since VRod grew to 1250cc and produced roughly 125 HP and 86 ft pounds of torque, is why HD engineers decided that a smaller displacement of 750cc will still have enough power to make it fun to ride. These engines should prove much more reliable than similarly sized Sportsters in my opinion.

I applaud HD for offering a new line of bikes aimed at younger generations of riders, at lower cost than a typical HD with more modern technology. I for one would never again buy a air cooled lumpy engine when better choices exist.

I've just had too many issues with them with their air-cooled engines that I would like to see a couple of years of performance before considering. My buddy bought a 2014 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide and has been in the shop all summer, didn't even get to ride it, what was it 40K. The only thing screaming is him at the dealer. I won in court for a throttle lag issue, enough. Till they straighten the air-cooled bikes I'm done. Honda dealerships are so much more accomodating, cheaper, nicer and without the attitude. Better product IMHO at a better price, once I dump this pig, the Sportster, I think that'll be it for me and HOG.

I've just had too many issues with them with their air-cooled engines that I would like to see a couple of years of performance before considering. My buddy bought a 2014 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide and has been in the shop all summer, didn't even get to ride it, what was it 40K. The only thing screaming is him at the dealer. I won in court for a throttle lag issue, enough. Till they straighten the air-cooled bikes I'm done. Honda dealerships are so much more accomodating, cheaper, nicer and without the attitude. Better product IMHO at a better price, once I dump this pig, the Sportster, I think that'll be it for me and HOG.
    I agree in regard to air cooled engines. The VRods are completely different animals. Also, The HD Stealer experiences do vary.

A friend of mine is a Service Manager at HD Stealership, he told me that his boss does not like selling VRods. When I asked why, he answered that they don't need work, pretty much just the maintenance only, so the stealership does not make much money on them after the sale. But their service bays are full with air cooled Harleys all the time.

HD has been making water cooled engines since 2002 and there isn't much bad news to be found about them. It figures, since they were designed by Germans...

My Honda dealer is very pleasant to deal with, too. Not much fun to go there as there isn't much to see in the store. I wish that Honda Dealership would carry more accessories in stock like HD guys do.

Here's my 2009 HD VRSCF Muscle:

image.jpgimage.jpgAttachment 11379

And this is why I liked it from the start:

Attachment 11380Attachment 11381

Regarding maintenance on the new Street 750 generation of engines, I see their valve train is SOHC, 4 valve, with screw and locknut valve adjustment every 15k miles. That certainly makes it easy for the DIY'er to avoid the HD shops for routine maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Regarding maintenance on the new Street 750 generation of engines, I see their valve train is SOHC, 4 valve, with screw and locknut valve adjustment every 15k miles. That certainly makes it easy for the DIY'er to avoid the HD shops for routine maintenance.
    I agree! The less visits to the stealership the better!

Just for your viewing pleasure:

Attachment 11382

Wait a minute, now I certainly wouldn't want to upset the ladies.

New Hyde Park is the closest thank you, Limoles. I owe you a drink with an umbrella in it and a fruit Kebab by Harrah's poolside.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I agree in regard to air cooled engines. The VRods are completely different animals. Also, The HD Stealer experiences do vary.

A friend of mine is a Service Manager at HD Stealership, he told me that his boss does not like selling VRods. When I asked why, he answered that they don't need work, pretty much just the maintenance only, so the stealership does not make much money on them after the sale. But their service bays are full with air cooled Harleys all the time.

HD has been making water cooled engines since 2002 and there isn't much bad news to be found about them. It figures, since they were designed by Germans...

My Honda dealer is very pleasant to deal with, too. Not much fun to go there as there isn't much to see in the store. I wish that Honda Dealership would carry more accessories in stock like HD guys do.

Here's my 2009 HD VRSCF Muscle:

Attachment 11377Attachment 11378Attachment 11379

And this is why I liked it from the start:

Attachment 11380Attachment 11381
    Speaking of German engineering, the 2015 Indian Scout has a better power-to weight ratio than a Porsche 911 Turbo so although it looks good on the resume' Porsche doesn't always mean better. Having owned, and thoroughly enjoyed, a 2003 Porsche Boxster S with Tiptronic that was a hard thing to say but they still haven't apologized for the 944 which, IMHO was their version of the Yugo.

Wait a minute, now I certainly wouldn't want to upset the ladies.
    Please feel free to make more such posts!