Old Rides - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Old Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

I have found a photograph of Taxfree4 on his FIRST Harley sitting next to Arthur Davidson
    I had some head of hair back then, I had to sell it to a pillow factory to pay off wife #2.

Just in case anyone thought that when I sold my F6B and bought a 2014 Harley Super Glide Custom I had abandoned Honda motorcycles. Well that could not be further from the truth and if I run across a slightly used 2015 F6B at a good price I may go ahead and add it to the stable and keep the Harley for running around town. Will just have to overlook the PIA plastics!

Here is a picture of our 2014 Honda Foreman 500 overlooking our lower field. The Foreman is in my opinion the best utility/farm ATV on the market.

Attachment 11719

That looks like a mini assault vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    If only that giant, fairing mounted beam generator was a "phaser".....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I'm still new to riding I guess, compared to you. So many knowledgeable veterans here. My first street bike after my MSF Course was a 1994 250cc Nighthawk in 2006. Rode it 6,000 miles through four months of winter. Then I bought my present ride a 2006 1300R VTX. I had sat on a 2001 Honda Valkyrie before I bought my VTX. Loved it. It was beautiful and fit perfectly. I was not sure of myself then to hold onto so much power. I'm here to learn as much as I can from Y'all. Hope you do not mind I speak occasionally. Most of the time, I read and learn if this will be my next bike, when I am ready.

1980 Puch Maxi Sport MKII

Found a pic of my moped that Sandy took. I went all the way up to Salem, Mass. to get this one. In the city you don't have to get insurance on these or need a motorcycle license for these, but I had both.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    If only that giant, fairing mounted beam generator was a "phaser".....
    Actually it is the new Honda Mark I Beam and Phaser Illuminator but currently only set for stun, as when I am driving at night in the cow pasture and the cows see it coming they all go into stun mode and all I see back are a bunch of green sets of dazed eyeballs.

X

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Thanks. It is a tough little tank and with the new locking front differential the thing will go anywhere.

Actually, when my son was deployed in Afghanistan they had a John Deere M-Gator 6x4 that was set up with a M-240 machine gun mounted on the passenger side. I think he said they had some stupid name for it like "The Termigator". He said it was fun to ride around in but the military stopped using these as they were very susceptible to IED hits and enemy fire. Most of their patrols were in MRAPS because of the IED's and enemy sniper fire. He was in several vehicles that were hit but with no causalities so the MRAPS work as designed.

The M-Gator would be a true mini assault vehicle although the Foreman could be equipped with a fixed mount on the front rack that could support a medium MG like the M-240 but wouldn't be as efficient as the two person gator with a driver and a gunner. And to take it up a notch I believe that Navy SOG forces have played around with a Kawasaki Teryx that also had a M-240 mounted. The Teryx is much faster than the gator so would be a much better option as the gator was slow and slow will get you killed.

X

Attachment 11763

oh sorry you guys are talking motorcycles!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt