Old Rides
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old Rides

Old Rides

This was a 1983 Honda 650 Nighthawk I purchased new and had for a year. I know I have more pictures somewhere.

1984 Kawasaki GPS 110
    Sold the Nighthawk to get this bike. It was a dog off the line, used to race Honda CB 1100F's and they would launch off, but mid to top end it was a monster.

2001 Kawasaki STX-DI Jet Ski
    3 cylinder, 2 stroke 1071cc
    Not a bike but I found the pic of it when I was looking. The thing was a rocket on the water. The guy who I bought it off of worked in the Twin Towers and lost his job on 9/11 so he couldn't afford it. I bought it for the buy out of the loan, good news is gave him a spare key to use it anytime he wanted, and yes the name on the front of the vessel is "Taxfree"

1975 Honda 750

Great bike that I purchased new after getting out of the service. Took a road trip from S.GA to Chicago to visit family and the ride back was solid hard rain and hydroplaned the whole time but had to get back and was just young and dumb enough to think I was invincible. I did make it back without incident but dang if I wasn't one wet tired rider.

Attachment 11498

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    1975 Honda 750

Great bike that I purchased new after getting out of the service. Took a road trip from S.GA to Chicago to visit family and the ride back was solid hard rain and hydroplaned the whole time but had to get back and was just young and dumb enough to think I was invincible. I did make it back without incident but dang if I wasn't one wet tired rider.

Attachment 11498
    That's a beauty, and I think that's why I like those Royal Enfield's as a second bike they remind me of these bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That's a beauty, and I think that's why I like those Royal Enfield's as a second bike they remind me of these bikes.

Thanks and besides being a nice looking machine it also had plenty of power and one night after a heavy libation participation I was bold enough to see what she would do and got her up to around 125mph which was way too fast for the bike. Amazing that we survive our youth.

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    Thanks and besides being a nice looking machine it also had plenty of power and one night after a heavy libation participation I was bold enough to see what she would do and got her up to around 125mph which was way too fast for the bike. Amazing that we survive our youth.
    My priest says at a certain speed the Holy Ghost leaves you

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    This was a 1983 Honda 650 Nighthawk I purchased new and had for a year. I know I have more pictures somewhere.
    I had the same bike, but mine was an '82! Now that I think of it, are you sure that's an '83? I thought they changed to a dohc engine for '83.

It's no way to provide all list of my previously ridden 40 ( or so ) bikes , but remember my first "Monster" Jawa 250 .

Before jumping on F6B , this Bimmer was my best body , which helped me to discover most corners of USA and Canada . 190.000 miles and millions pictures in memories . I can't imagine living without motorcycle .

My wife and I on my first brand new bike. 1997 Suzuki Intruder 1400. The first year they got a five speed and back then it was bigger than HD's big twin. It's still my favorite bike of all time.

Let it go after I wrecked I twice. (By myself thankfully)

Attachment 11505