Old Rides

Thread: Old Rides

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That's a beauty, and I think that's why I like those Royal Enfield's as a second bike they remind me of these bikes.

Instead of that Royal Enfield as a second smaller bike for around town the new Harley Street 500 is very impressive. Sat on one at the dealership this past weekend and this is a small bike that would be very maneuverable and great for having fun. Fully water cooled just like the bigger Street 750 and the V-Rod. I am thinking that Harley is testing the waters with these two new water cooled V-Twins and may eventually be forced by EPA emissions to abandon the air/oil cooled V-Twin and join the rest of the motorcycle world with full liquid cooling. From what I have heard on the water cooled heads on the new Ultra Limited it is not really helping that much and the bike is still going into parade mode when running slow on a hot day and shutting down the rear cylinder.

Ride safe.
    X

Attachment 11514

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    Instead of that Royal Enfield as a second smaller bike for around town the new Harley Street 500 is very impressive. Sat on one at the dealership this past weekend and this is a small bike that would be very maneuverable and great for having fun. Fully water cooled just like the bigger Street 750 and the V-Rod. I am thinking that Harley is testing the waters with these two new water cooled V-Twins and may eventually be forced by EPA emissions to abandon the air/oil cooled V-Twin and join the rest of the motorcycle world with full liquid cooling. From what I have heard on the water cooled heads on the new Ultra Limited it is not really helping that much and the bike is still going into parade mode when running slow on a hot day and shutting down the rear cylinder.

Ride safe.
    X

Attachment 11514
    My second bike now is a XL 1200, too much for a bike to go around town. I would be skeptical on these. Even though this engine has been proven in a larger size this is the first year it has been engineered down and having owned various Harleys over 30 years, they use the public as their R&D so I'll pass. If the Enfield isn't doable I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Scout. Water cooling the heads is like spraying a water gun on a bonfire. Their biggest obstacle are the purists who'll bolt if they do go to liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post

Ride safe.
    X

Attachment 11514
    That is kinda ironic....
    Been hearing for years from my Harley buds how the Japanese were trying to imitate HD with their big cruisers. Now with the intro of the Harley little bikes it appears HD has imitated the Honda Shadow line up!
    My mind works in strange ways!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The wife's old Shadow Spirit 750.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.