Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
It isn't particularly hard for me to see why so many people have suddenly been enlightened to the concept of climate change, considering the flood of information available. The real mystery for me is how so many people, scientists especially, could think climate was ever some kind of constant. Earth's climate has never been a constant. Considering ice age after ice age through just the last 500 million years or so, one can only imagine the 'climate change' occurring during the repetitive ingress and egress of all that tundra. Sea levels would necessarily have fallen and risen each time the polar caps froze and thawed. Don't forget the wooly mammoth, who specialized to a point where he could survive the cold climates, then perished along with the last round of extreme cold. It could well be that humanity is having an impact somehow on the rate of change, but it is arrogant and short-sighted of us, as a race, to believe we are completely responsible for it. Or that we could do much about it. The lights will stay on, no matter the price, and self-flagellation will not solve anything. In short, I think it has not been determined as yet what is actually happening and, if anything unusual, who or what may be responsible for it.
With apologies, I just found the older thread on the same topic. Among other things, it included the point I was making but in much better form. Too bad it didn't end well. There are many well informed people here on both sides of most aisles, so I'll continue to spend much more time reading here than typing.....

Bill Strange