Is The Climate changing , or not ? - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Is The Climate changing , or not ?

The ocean temperatures here are 30 degrees and the bay is frozen for the first time since 1977 to the point where NYPD steel hull boats have come in and carved channels, again since 1977. If this persists the Army Corps of Engineers will be called in to do the heavy breaking. May the global warming god unleash his mighty power and free us of this icy cocoon we find ourselves in.

"I'm on my way"

One of the signs of radicalization is having to respond to every thing that conflicts with your personal beliefs, using cartoons and slanders to belittle others is another sign. It was fun playing but it's starting to get boring, so if you can't believe NASA the DOD, NOAA, The US Navy and choose to believe the guardian and other rags have at it.

Where are you on the Great Bell Curve of Belief?

Attachment 11836

bellcurveofbeliefAs you rightly point out, you can’t answer the question, “Where are you on the Great Bell Curve of Belief?” without a specific belief to consider. You may be “YES!” on global warming, “YES?” on the Big Bang theory, “I.N.O.” (In Name Only) on political affiliation, “NO?” on Did Mossad do 911?, and “NO!” on Big Gubmint.’

My contention is that for a specific belief, you and I will fall somewhere on that line, and the great mass of mankind will occupy that bulge in the middle. Does that seem obvious? If so, why is all our news and our discourse couched in either-or terms? Why is it a Liberal-Conservative battle? Why is it a Sunni-Shia conflict? Do we honestly think all Sunnis are sitting on the hot red YES! for everything Sunni and all Shias are sitting on the hot red NO!

Do they think we are stupid? A scarier question: ARE we stupid?
    JAYGO

Amen to that

Mother of 4, one with Cerebral Palsy, wins $188 million dollars

The 26-year-old single mother from Shallotte, North Carolina was one of three Powerball players to win the $564 million jackpot on the February 11 drawing. Each winner won $188 million of the prize.

Holmes had to quit her jobs at McDonald’s and Walmart in order to take care of her four children — one of whom has cerebral palsy. Her life is about to get a whole lot easier. I'm not hijacking the thread just ending it on a positive note, unless people want to keep this going, I think all has been said that needs to be said. Ms. Holmes had to quit her job at McDonald's and Walmart, move in with her mom to take care of her kids. I don't know about you but this puts a smile on my face, and she believes in Jesus.

My question is where is her husband and WHY have four kids??? Not sure why she was working...with all the handouts she should have been making $1K per kid..hell have a couple more !!!

That should do it....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    My question is where is her husband and WHY have four kids??? Not sure why she was working...with all the handouts she should have been making $1K per kid..hell have a couple more !!!

That should do it....
    HIJACK!!!

Thought you gave up and needed more entertainment ..... back to global warming.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm done

This NOT A JOKE any more ...

'UNPRECEDENTED' SEA LEVEL RISE'

Sea Levels Along The Northeast Rose Almost 4 Inches In Just 2 Years: Study
    Posted: 02/25/2015 4:50 pm EST Updated: 52 minutes ago
    NEW YORK SHORE
    Tweet
    Comment
    Share on Google+
    Sea levels across the Northeast coast of the United States rose nearly 3.9 inches between 2009 and 2010, according to a new study from researchers at the University of Arizona and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The waters near Portland, Maine, saw an even greater rise -- 5 inches -- over the two-year period.

While scientists have been observing higher sea levels across the globe in recent decades, the study found a much more extreme rise than previous averages. Such an event is "unprecedented" in the history of the tide gauge record, according to the researchers, and represents a 1-in-850 year event.

"Unlike storm surge, this event caused persistent and widespread coastal flooding even without apparent weather processes," the study's authors wrote. "In terms of beach erosion, the impact of the 2009-2010 [sea level rise] event is almost as significant as some hurricane events."

The analysis relied on data from dozens of tide gauges along the eastern seaboard. The nearly 4-inch rise for the Northeast represents the average of 14 tide gauges located between New York and Canada. Tide gauges farther south in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast indicated a sea level rise far less extreme in 2009 and closer to average in some areas. The jump occurred most quickly between April 2009 and March 2010.

The study found that the increase in the Northeast was caused by a 30 percent slowdown in a major ocean current system known as the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation (AMOC) and a fluctuation in atmospheric pressure at sea level. The Gulf Steam is one component of the AMOC, which moves warm water northward in the upper levels of the Atlantic.

A 2014 study of the AMOC over that period found the slowdown also contributed to severe winter conditions in northwestern Europe and the intensity of the 2010 Atlantic hurricane season, which was the third-most active on record.

The U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate wrote in its latest report that AMOC currents are "very likely" to weaken in the 21st century. Models project that unusual rises in sea level, like that observed in the study, will be bigger and more frequent along the Northeastern seaboard this century, study coauthor Jianjun Yin told The Huffington Post.

And events like the one observed in the study, combined with ongoing global sea level rise, "will pose an even higher coastal flooding risk," Yin told Mashable.

A 2012 study determined that sea levels between North Carolina and Boston are rising at a rate three to four times faster than the global average. Yet this only represents a rise of 2 to 3.7 millimeters per year since 1980, far less than the 100 millimeters observed in the Northeast between 2009 and 2010.

This week's study, published in Nature Communications, follows a new report from the New York City Panel on Climate Change that warns of significant sea level rise and coastal flooding threats for the city in coming decades. Sea levels in New York City have already risen more than a foot since 1900, and the trend is very likely to accelerate: If greenhouse gas emissions from human activities are not curtailed, the panel projects seas to rise by an additional 11 to 21 inches by the middle of the century, by 18 to 39 inches by the 2080s, and by as much as 6 feet by the end of the century.

RUN , RUN , RUN - it's coming and gone get you !!!