Is The Climate changing , or not ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Is The Climate changing , or not ?

No Stopping It

Great Lakes “likely to have the most ice since records began,” says meteorologist

“Great Lakes ice is now running ahead of last year and ice will increase with more brutal cold coming,” says meteorologist Joe d’Aleo.*“We are likely to have the most ice since records began.”

“By the end of February the entire country east of the Rockies will have averaged below normal,” says d’Aleo. “Boston will have either the coldest or second coldest month in their history. It is nearly 13F below normal in Cleveland and all points east for February. Boston has the second most snow for the season and is very likely to be the snowiest ever by the end of the winter. They blew away the all time monthly snow record by 18 inches and could end up with 6 feet if models are right in 1 month. Ice has clogged Delaware Bay and New York and Boston Harbors.”

Just to be fair and balanced

Summer 2014 is the coldest in a decade

The summer of 2014 has been one of the mildest on the books — and could be the first summer in a decade without a heatwave.

“It wasn’t clear if it was going to be a hot or a cool summer,” said National Weather Service meteorologist David Stark. “We started out the year very cool and it seems like we just continued that. It doesn’t look like we have any heat waves in the near future.”

Instead of searching for the skimpiest outfits to battle the sizzling sun, New Yorkers are reaching for their sweatshirts.

“It’s been so much colder this summer,” said Susan Vartholomatos, 51, who broke out her bikini for a beach day Friday afternoon. “In the morning, when I go out to my terrace, I need a sweatshirt.”

Vartholomatos said she wishes it was hotter, adding “I’d take heat and humidity over snow any day.”

Only four days have hit 90 degrees this summer, three in July and one in August, with the hottest temperature on the books clocking in at 91.

The last time the city went without a heat wave – classified as three consecutive days of temperatures higher than 90 degrees – was in 2004.

The cooler temps aren’t just affecting people looking to get a good tan. Beach businesses at Coney Island say they’ve taken a hit this season.

“This is the coldest I’ve experienced in a while,” said Ahmad Hussian, whose father owns a store called Sun & Fun on Surf Avenue. “Not a lot of people are coming here at all, but I have sold a lot of hoodies.”

Monica Ghee, who has been working a game called Coney Island High Striker for 45 summers, said the boardwalk clears out at night.

“It’s been a strange season,” she said. “There’s been no real summer so far.”

While a late summer heat wave is possible, forecasters at the National Weather Service say there’s a slim chance one will slip in the next few weeks.

Typically, the city sees at least 15 days that top 90 degrees with at least one heat wave mixed in.

“We haven’t even had a day where it reaches 100 degrees,” complained Naquan Gathers, who runs a Ghost’s Hole at Coney Island.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/08/summer-...t-in-a-decade/

I pray to the God of Global Warming to unleash his mighty power and blanket the planet with heat and humidity, melting ice caps and high water levels so we here in New York don't have the coldest summer in decades, again.

Snow in the Middle East

Waves of the Mediterranean Sea hit the beach during rainy weather in Gaza City, in the northern Gaza Strip, Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. A heavy winter storm descended on parts of the Middle East on Friday

Snow in Jerusalem

An ultra-Orthodox Jewish man prays at the Western Wall, the holiest site where Jews can pray in Jerusalem's old city, Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. A heavy winter storm descended on parts of the Middle East on Friday, with snow forcing the closure of all roads leading in and out of Jerusalem and sprinkling Israel's desert with a rare layer of white.*

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Waves of the Mediterranean Sea hit the beach during rainy weather in Gaza City, in the northern Gaza Strip, Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. A heavy winter storm descended on parts of the Middle East on Friday
    What's that in the background?
    a) salt water desalinization plant?
    b) steam turbine electric plant?
    c) giant pizza oven?

An ultra-Orthodox Jewish man prays at the Western Wall,
    Looks to me like he's just taking a leak.

Climate Change not the Big Problem

We have bigger problems just ahead.....

REV-9... 14 saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.”15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.

This is not the battle of Armeggedon, but the REV -6:7 war ... the Pale Horse. what will cause the world to look for a one world leader to bring peace from whatever is left, the one who will usher in Tribulation if you do not see everything his way.

The Eurphrates river runs through Turkey, Syria, Irag, Iran...... One Third of mankind is 2.3 Billion people <not million

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Looks to me like he's just taking a leak.
    That there is funny!

From all I can read and understand about it, we have two choices, which are: stand back and watch what happens, or try to do something about it!

Sandy took my 883 Sportster and my Audi A5, but I wound up with a XL1200 and a Q5 so in the end it was a plus. Imagine after this flood, who knows, I may have a Chieftain and a Bentley.
    Not the best way to upgrade but hell yeah
    2013 F6B in fast black. Lots of extras.
    2007 Suzuki M109R LE
    2000 Honda CBR 929 RR
    1992 GSXR 1100R W/1153 BIG BORE
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 first bike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]