2016 Indian Dark Horse
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Indian Dark Horse

2016 Indian Dark Horse

Nice bike for 17K although I'm not crazy about the styling. IMHO I just don't think it's a real alternative for a Harley rider. V-Twin, air-cooled - what's the alternative? If they would have liquid-cooled it like the Scout that would have been a major selling point and would have had a lot of city people who are in traffic, lane closures and parkway construction daily, we'll see how it sells.

Any news on your Royal Enfield one lunger?

Well by spring I'll be looking to dump this 1200 so I figured by then the Enfield should have a dealer within a decent distance from me. Although that Scout is really looking good to me because it's liquid cooled.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Well by spring I'll be looking to dump this 1200 so I figured by then the Enfield should have a dealer within a decent distance from me. Although that Scout is really looking good to me because it's liquid cooled.

The Scout has glowing feedback from the magazines compared to the R.E.
    If your resources are adequate, I'd say just get the Scout. It's way more bike than the R.E. (much safer, more reliable even though it's new, infinitely more powerful, better dealer network, and of course way better resale value down the road).

But what do I know? I'm just another dumb lemming Canadian, who gets constantly by his government.

The thing is I don't want too much of a motorcycle, meaning, I need something for these short runs in the city. Then F6B is just too much to run 5-10 blocks away. I had an 883 Sportster that I lost in Hurricane Sandy so when I replaced it I was bitten by the power bug. That is why the Enfield with its' single cylinder 28HP motor is sounding good, we'll see.

Honda just came out with a Black Shadow....Black must really be the fastest color !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

That is even too big, cc-wise, it looks like a toss up between the Enfield Thunderbird 350 or, forgot about this, Honda Rebel. Something when you're too lazy to take a car or a 800+ Lb. bike.

Oh joy..... another V-twink "variation".
    Just what the world needs.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Looking forward to checking out the Ducati Scramblers for an around town bike.

shooter
    I've got one word for you. GROM.