Gear indicator mounted where it should be (IMO)

Thread: Gear indicator mounted where it should be (IMO)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Another mount location idea...

Attachment 16693

This works fine for me. It was easy and I attached with 3M Dual Lock for easy removal.
    It's nice that it's small enough; to almost attach anywhere.

Oh btw.. I was curious as to how much I have spent on this bike for accessories/farkles since the short time I have had it. Just got done going through my last two credit card statements.

$1,893.00 so far....

This board is a VERY BAD influence on my discretionary spending. I need an intervention.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    It's nice that it's small enough; to almost attach anywhere.

Oh btw.. I was curious as to how much I have spent on this bike for accessories/farkles since the short time I have had it. Just got done going through my last two credit card statements.

$1,893.00 so far....

This board is a VERY BAD influence on my discretionary spending. I need an intervention.
    "Hi, My name is Will, and I'm a Farkaholic"

Cool

$1,893.00 so far....

Well your just a pup.... when you pass $6,288.36, ( to date ) let me know... this does not include a trailer or anything trailer, or tires or maintenance I preform.... I may have to die with this bike to use all the money invested .....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    $1,893.00 so far....

Well your just a pup.... when you pass $6,288.36, ( to date ) let me know... this does not include a trailer or anything trailer, or tires or maintenance I preform.... I may have to die with this bike to use all the money invested .....
    You know, they do make dual purpose furniture to save money in the long run.

USPS delivered my GiPro today; fast shipping on the part of the vendor

So I want to mount this thing inside the speaker housing of my left front speaker; towards the 2 o'clock position behind the speaker screen.

How much of the bike do I need to tear apart; to get it in there? (Don't have a repair manual yet).

I know I'll have to remove the darned seat; and most likely the valance over the ignition switch/instruments. Is that enough to route the GiPro cable from the seat area to the speaker grill?

Do I have to remove the entire top shelter to do this?

Any tips to remove that instrument valance and anything else? Don't want to break any plastic.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Cool

Seat, maybe around key, the speaker section...START FROM THE FRONT and go to the back, to run the wire...really no big deal...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Seat, maybe around key, the speaker section...START FROM THE FRONT and go to the back, to rune the wire...really no big deal...
    Steve;

Any tips to remove that instrument valance and anything else? Don't want to break any plastic.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Never mind.. I figured it out.

Bike is in pieces again.

Found the red diagnostics connector in the wire bundle, behind the relays. Tested the GiPro, and it works:

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537