Gear indicator mounted where it should be (IMO) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gear indicator mounted where it should be (IMO)

Anyone got a link for one that's just a plug in?????? and not worth a zillion and its small

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Anyone got a link for one that's just a plug in?????? and not worth a zillion and its small
    This one is plug and play, it's also the smallest one you can get. The price is $159 for it which I don't think is too bad....

тнaт'ѕ a cool opтιon вυт ι'м ѕυre glad we нave a rev lιмιтer. ι нιт ιт ιn 4тн yeѕтerday. oopѕ, вeттer υp ѕнιғт.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    тнaт'ѕ a cool opтιon вυт ι'м ѕυre glad we нave a rev lιмιтer. ι нιт ιт ιn 4тн yeѕтerday. oopѕ, вeттer υp ѕнιғт.
    Yeah that happens...I've bounced off of mine a few times! My rev limiter has been raised 400 rpm in each gear so I can't wait to bounce off it again!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Yeah that happens...I've bounced off of mine a few times! My rev limiter has been raised 400 rpm in each gear so I can't wait to bounce off it again!
    There's no benefit to raised rev limits on this motor; you're actually hurting performance. Power takes a nose dive after about 6k RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    There's no benefit to raised rev limits on this motor; you're actually hurting performance. Power takes a nose dive after about 6k RPM.
    That's true on the stock map...I'm not sure where the power drops off with the the new mapping honestly. I know that Don Guhl knows a tremendous amount more about tuning bikes than I do so there must be a reason the stage 3 tune has the limiter raised. I don't intentionally hit the limiter ever so it's really a moot point for me.

Mine is in the mail, went with the red, a VERY exuberant young lady said it was best in the sun light !!!... Rick's lighting, oil change, move windshield down, get trailer ready to head South to Key West !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Mine is in the mail, went with the red, a VERY exuberant young lady said it was best in the sun light !!!
    I have the red LED as well. Everything I read said that red was the only colour that didn't wash out in bright sunlight.

This is on another post but thought I would put it here as well....

I purchased a set of MLB Risers from a board member a while back, I was waiting for a reason to take the front end apart...the GIPro came along thanks to GiddyupF6B, Here is his thread,http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...hould-be-(IMO), Rick sent the dash lights but the USPS was a little slow so the bike is still apart for those, and also did a oil change for good measure !!!

Everything installed, and checked out!... The GIPro is pretty cool...easy to program, it does take some effort to install it the way GiddyupF6B did which to me looks the best so I copied him, ( thanks for the advice, as well !!! ) not that big of a deal, I used a dermal tool to notch out a path for the wire, took the left side of the shelter loose to get the wire back to the connection port... See pics.... other than that...looks like spring is coming to the South East so you fellas in the north should be thawing out soon!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Put 100 miles on the bike today...the gear indicator was perfect !!!! Only issue for me is when the clutch is in/ banging down gears ....there is no gear indicated !!! Only shows a gear when the clutch is out .... If you do this and put it where GiddyupF6B did...put it as close to the high beam light/even touching as possible !!!!