Gear indicator mounted where it should be (IMO) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gear indicator mounted where it should be (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Put 100 miles on the bike today...the gear indicator was perfect !!!! Only issue for me is when the clutch is in/ banging down gears ....there is no gear indicated !!! Only shows a gear when the clutch is out .... If you do this and put it where GiddyupF6B did...put it as close to the high beam light/even touching as possible !!!!
    I would have to mount it somewhere else. Because if I put it next to the High Beam indicator; it's going to cover the Cruise Control indicator.

Can this GI Pro gear indicator be mounted behind the plastic; between the Speedometer and either the Tach; or fuel\temp gauge clusters? Is there enough space between the clear plastic and the surface of the instrument panel behind it; to position this GI Pro indicator

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Not sure, you would have to pull the cover and look/try...some have put the GI inside the speaker cover, one has it stuck to the side of the cover opposite of the odometer ... look around and see where YOU want it...as long as you can see it at a glance you should be fine...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Not sure, you would have to pull the cover and look/try...some have put the GI inside the speaker cover, one has it stuck to the side of the cover opposite of the odometer ... look around and see where YOU want it...as long as you can see it at a glance you should be fine...
    10-4

Ordered a red one tonight.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Have insomnia so just posting a little more... don't think that I'll be able to mount it behind the plastic instrument panel as I wanted to; there's not going to be enough room between the instrument bezels:

(example Pic below... stolen from GiddyupF6b's post):

Once I have the little gizmo in hand; it'll be better for me to actually figure it out. Must wait. And try to get some sleep.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    If I remember correctly where I have it was the only option. Any other location either interferes with the needle movement, covers up an indicator light, or the cover won't fit right.
    The force is strong in this one.....

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    If I remember correctly where I have it was the only option. Any other location either interferes with the needle movement, covers up an indicator light, or the cover won't fit right.
    If that is the case then; then I will probably mount it behind either the left or right front speaker grill. I hope it is as visible through the speaker grill; in bright daylight. I did order the red one; rumored to be the brightest.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Another mount location idea...

Attachment 16693

This works fine for me. It was easy and I attached with 3M Dual Lock for easy removal.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Another mount location idea...

Attachment 16693

This works fine for me. It was easy and I attached with 3M Dual Lock for easy removal.
    It's nice that it's small enough; to almost attach anywhere.

Oh btw.. I was curious as to how much I have spent on this bike for accessories/farkles since the short time I have had it. Just got done going through my last two credit card statements.

$1,893.00 so far....

This board is a VERY BAD influence on my discretionary spending. I need an intervention.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    It's nice that it's small enough; to almost attach anywhere.

Oh btw.. I was curious as to how much I have spent on this bike for accessories/farkles since the short time I have had it. Just got done going through my last two credit card statements.

$1,893.00 so far....

This board is a VERY BAD influence on my discretionary spending. I need an intervention.
    "Hi, My name is Will, and I'm a Farkaholic"

Cool

$1,893.00 so far....

Well your just a pup.... when you pass $6,288.36, ( to date ) let me know... this does not include a trailer or anything trailer, or tires or maintenance I preform.... I may have to die with this bike to use all the money invested .....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com