Can CNN get it right?

Thread: Can CNN get it right?

Can CNN get it right?

I couldn't go riding yesterday because of the cyclone that crossed the coast north of my hometown of Gladstone. Police had ordered people to stay off the streets because of the dangerous conditions. So I opted to watch a little TV, CNN posted a story on the cyclone along with this map.

Attachment 11639

If any of you blokes work at CNN could you kindly inform the "MAP MAN" that what he refers to as Queensland is in fact Tasmania. Why he has Cairns marked on there is beyond me as the cyclone crossed the coast 1100klm south of there and 650klm north of Brisbane at Yeppoon. I think what the bloke needs is a little travel to broaden his knowledge of our world.

Cheers Woody

Mate, my neighbor just got back from Marybourough and she said the joint copped it
    Said Gympie copped the rain and wind as well.
    I'm on the Gold Coast
    The wind has stopped but its still raining
    Yepoon got hammered eh.
    They said their were 900 power lines down
    And a zillion roofs of houses

I wouldn't expect anything less from the Communist News Network.

Sorry to hear about all the damage. I hope all our F6B friends down under are safe!

Mate looks like no one was hurt
    Their a tough breed up North
    Their were surfers in the water just before the Cyclone hit
    Winds of 285Kph+ around 180Mph

Yes a lot of damage up here but thankfully no loss of life. Most of Rockhampton is still without power it scored a direct hit as a cat3. The army is clearing a lot of debris so the power blokes can do their thing. These people are working in 35C heat at the moment.

I have much respect for the Australian Army. Out of all the coalition forces I worked with in Somalia (1993) they were my favorite. I even talked one of them into trading for an Australian Army boonie hat. It's one of my prize possessions. He traded for my Leatherman knife/tool. He said they were hard to find back then.

If I had to pick one country in the world to visit it would be Australia. I want to drive a Road Train!

All the best with your dream to drive a road train Bobby. After meeting them head on and watching the trailers dance from behind................... I recon I would have to swallow a bucket or two of Vallium before I was forced (at gunpoint) behind the wheel of one.

More power to you Bobby
    Woody

Bloody road trains??
    Was in the Army with a bloke that used to drive em
    Was behind one once when the train hit a pig and it came flying out the back
    Seen another one out West with 5 Petrol tankers in tow in 40 Celsius ripping up the melting bitumen trying to get going????
    And mate in the Northern Territory out on the road theirs no speed limit on the Stuart Highway

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I have much respect for the Australian Army. Out of all the coalition forces I worked with in Somalia (1993) they were my favorite. I even talked one of them into trading for an Australian Army boonie hat. It's one of my prize possessions. He traded for my Leatherman knife/tool. He said they were hard to find back then.

If I had to pick one country in the world to visit it would be Australia. I want to drive a Road Train!
    Mate worked with (Help train) a heap of yanks when I was at JTC (Jungle training Center Canungra) Battle Wing.
    They just couldn't understand our sense of humor??? especially when it got a bit ahhhhhhh tough
    And their bosses were trying to understand our mateship????