New Vstream and Ultimate Midrider seat fitted - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Vstream and Ultimate Midrider seat fitted

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yes, that is what I also plan to do. It is not hard to re-engineer the mounting solution for this Vstream windshield. It's elementary. I know what needs to be done but...

...finding the right aftermarket components (off of the shelf) to make it happen is a bitch sometimes.
    Also looks like one of my front garnish grommets "disappeared" into the oblivion of the lower fairing.... Guess I'll be ordering a bag of those from Wingstuff

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Hey DMAGOLDRDR (and nox... if you are around),

Was dry fitting the VStream shield this morning in order to finalize exactly what fastener enhancements I needed to source. I noticed on each side; that there is a slight gap on the front of the V Stream windshield where it meets the rubber strip that contacts the front top of the windshield:

Do you and/or did you have this same gap? It looks huge in the picture but is actually slight. Seems that I could use a double sided tape to keep the rubber affixed against the windshield. Maybe. Possibly. Doesn't take much effort to push the rubber seal against the windshield....

I do like the windshield though... talk about a "barn door" sailing down the highway.... this thing is pretty awesome.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

[QUOTE=willtill;111241]Hey DMAGOLDRDR (and nox... if you are around),

Was dry fitting the VStream shield this morning in order to finalize exactly what fastener enhancements I needed to source. I noticed on each side; that there is a slight gap on the front of the V Stream windshield where it meets the rubber strip that contacts the front top of the windshield:
    QUOTE]

Yup same as mine. I saw the same on a friends Wing that has the VStream also.

[QUOTE=DMAGOLDRDR;111252]
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Hey DMAGOLDRDR (and nox... if you are around),

QUOTE]

Yup same as mine. I saw the same on a friends Wing that has the VStream also.
    Ok, thanks. Guess it's a "feature"

Still wrestling with it... should have something mounted with it today.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Well got 're done and now buttoned up. Used all 5 bolt down points to hold the V Stream shield. Measures about 21.5" from the Honda emblem on the console.

Going to take her out for a launch a little later; to see the wind dispersion effect.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

So just got done with a quick "speed test" of the G/W VStream Windshield on my F6B. Here are my observations:

1. There is definitely flexing of the upper outer corners of the windshield at high speed. 60-70 mph and I see both upper outer corners infrequently/sporadically flexing at least an inch.
    2. Much less "helmet buffeting" as compared to my Clear View medium Recurve at speed; but slight "helmet buffeting" is still felt at 60-70 mph+
    3. I seem to feel slightly more turbulence behind me than with the Clear View. Not irritating but noticeable. Even opening the air vent does not really dissipate it.
    4. There is less side turbulence (left and right) that I am sensing' maybe due to the VStream's "funneling of air" away from the rider.
    5. Visibility through the VStream windshield is excellent. No distortion. I am 5'10" and am looking through this windshield at about an inch or more from the top edge.
    6. The Vstream windshield (as I have it mounted @ 21.5") comes more into the cockpit, so be aware when mounting/dismounting the bike; less you make contact with it.

I'm going top leave it on for awhile and continue to evaluate it.

I still am getting the Ultimate King seat so further evaluation of this shield is required. Am not displeased with it at this point. Just more curious about it's sensed protection (to me) and wind management. I need to try this thing in the rain as well.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537