New Vstream and Ultimate Midrider seat fitted - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Vstream and Ultimate Midrider seat fitted

to tall....try a Windbender...they work Great....

Goldwing VStream on F6B

[QUOTE=JohnnyB;109497]Hello NOX...question to you and other Vstream owners. First your windshield and new seat looks great! My question: If the Vstream design works so good do you and others think it is worth the extra cost to buy the Vstream with the vent or not. With this design does it make that much or any difference? Ride safe!

I put a Goldwing VStream on my F6B, all I had to do was drill new holes and it fit perfectly. NO CUTTING if you want full height. I used it for a 2500 mi trip in Oct and wanted max wind protection. It worked great.
    You will defiantly want the vent. It is needed to break the vacuum created by the big shield and help move air around behind the shield.

It also brings in cool air and can be directed to your face or chest.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post

I put a Goldwing VStream on my F6B, all I had to do was drill new holes and it fit perfectly. NO CUTTING if you want full height. I used it for a 2500 mi trip in Oct and wanted max wind protection. It worked great.
    You will defiantly want the vent. It is needed to break the vacuum created by the big shield and help move air around behind the shield.

It also brings in cool air and can be directed to your face or chest.
    Thanks DMAGOLDRDR, I think Nox fell of the face of the earth... regarding our questions posed to him.

Can you clean that screen with Plexus per chance? Or will it damage it? I don't see anything on the N/C site that forbids it... but am not sure if Plexus would be harmful to the polycarbonate.

Also, how much "flex" do you have at high speed? Would the new 6mm shield that they are offering be a waste of money; if the any flex you perceive is actually minimal?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Thanks DMAGOLDRDR, I think Nox fell of the face of the earth... regarding our questions posed to him.

Can you clean that screen with Plexus per chance? Or will it damage it? I don't see anything on the N/C site that forbids it... but am not sure if Plexus would be harmful to the polycarbonate.

Also, how much "flex" do you have at high speed? Would the new 6mm shield that they are offering be a waste of money; if the any flex you perceive is actually minimal?

I use Plexus on all my shields and saw no issues BUT I only had the VStream on for the one trip to Daytona last October and although cleaned the shield 3 or 4 times on the trip I couldn't speak for extended use.

As for flex, the entire trip down and back was a 75 - 80 mph highway run and I saw no flex to speak of, but I never really gave it much thought. I would think if it was extreme it would have caught my attention as it was a very tall shield and I have a Mustang seat so I was looking thru the shield down 3 or 4 inches from the top. Once back from the trip I removed the VStream and put my short Madstad back on.

As I read back over my responses I don't think I was much help with your questions. sorry... I will say the VStream did a great job of keeping me protected from wind, rain and noise which is just what I wanted for my trip.

On the contrary; you were very helpful with your responses. Thanks!

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

As much as people have testified about the functionality of the Madstad windshield; I just cannot pull the trigger on it. It's just too ugly for our F6B's IMHO... takes away the sleekness and disturbs the frontal lines of the bike

I went ahead and ordered the Gold Wing Vstream windshield. A little sleeker; a little more along the lines of the bike; and taller with some seemingly better protection than the Clear View medium Recurve I currently have installed.

Will report back in this thread what I think of it. From the comments I have seen so far; I think I am going to like it

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Madstad = Functional beauty my friend......it just works

Well... crap.

Tried to install the new Vstream G\W windshield today; but the F6B's OEM windshield mounting screws/washers/rubber is not wide enough to get a confident grip on the windshield mounting slots; since the slot's in the VStream windshield are wider; as compared to the current Clearview that I have on it.

If you take a look at DMAGOLDRDR's post above (#12) in his 2nd attachment; you can see if the photo how the stock F6B's windshield mounting hardware barely grabs the edges of the slots in the Vstream windshield.

I'm going to need to order the Honda Goldwing windshield mounting hardware (for the slots) to do this right. Or maybe see if I can source a large washer/flange bolt from Home Despot or Lowes...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Well... crap.

Tried to install the new Vstream G\W windshield today; but the F6B's OEM windshield mounting screws/washers/rubber is not wide enough to get a confident grip on the windshield mounting slots; since the slot's in the VStream windshield are wider; as compared to the current Clearview that I have on it.

If you take a look at DMAGOLDRDR's post above (#12) in his 2nd attachment; you can see if the photo how the stock F6B's windshield mounting hardware barely grabs the edges of the slots in the Vstream windshield.

I'm going to need to order the Honda Goldwing windshield mounting hardware (for the slots) to do this right. Or maybe see if I can source a large washer/flange bolt from Home Despot or Lowes...

Darn,,,, I am sorry I never mentioned the difference because I drilled new holes when I mounted mine. I only put the VStream in place to take measurements as to where I would drill and reference the difference.

You may want to find three small spacers to fit the shoulder part of the bolt to keep the shield snug side to side in the wider slots.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Darn,,,, I am sorry I never mentioned the difference because I drilled new holes when I mounted mine. I only put the VStream in place to take measurements as to where I would drill and reference the difference.

You may want to find three small spacers to fit the shoulder part of the bolt to keep the shield snug side to side in the wider slots.
    Yes, that is what I also plan to do. It is not hard to re-engineer the mounting solution for this Vstream windshield. It's elementary. I know what needs to be done but...

...finding the right aftermarket components (off of the shelf) to make it happen is a bitch sometimes.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537