I immensely enjoy "snow birding"! I look with anticipation for each October when I button up my Northern Residence and begin my migration south. Citra, Florida then becomes my winter residence. North Central Florida provides some great cycling roads and scenes through "horse country". I always enjoy stopping at a local Lowe's or Home Depot where not a single "snow blower", "snow shovel" or "rock salt" can be found Yes I do experience several days which can start out in the mid 20's but by noon things are warm enough to ride with "chaps".

Mobility, IMHO, is the key to enjoying ones retirement. I haul my 6 in my 6'X12' enclosed trailer. No car required. If it rains I don my "wet suit" and I'm on my way

I was intent on buying a used Diesel Pusher Motor Home and found a really clean unit with low miles. A private seller who I haggled with and bought for a good price. There are many, many used camping units i.e. tag alongs, fifth wheels and gas and diesel units both A and B models for great prices. Know in advance what you want and do your searching and you'll find just the unit to fit your needs

Here's a pic of my 2001.5 Discovery with a 330 Cat Diesel.

Attachment 11709