snow birds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: snow birds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just got a 28' toy hauler Friday it's fairly light at 6970 dry weight then add 850 or so for the B . my f150 is rated to tow 9000 though. There are some lighter toy haulers out there. You should be fine as long as you don't go over your tow rating when your fully loaded.

Thanks Big Jay...what kinda a hauler did you get....?

It's the Energy by Keystone. not real fancy but it has every thing we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Thanks Big Jay...what kinda a hauler did you get....?
    I'm looking at the forest river xlr hyperlite 29HFS. It has a nice floor plan weighs 6750 with 1K tounge weight. So far RV nation out of ohio has had the best prices.

Citrus County Florida.....anyone know it....? Looks like a nice place to winter and be able to ride.....?

Bob109 is a snowbird there !!! Very pretty, horse country !!! Big $$$..Plenty of camping!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Bob109 is a snowbird there !!! Very pretty, horse country !!! Big $$$..Plenty of camping!!!
    Close but no cigar Steve Town of Citra is in Marion County and includes the Towns of Orange Lake, Reddick, Anthony, Martin, MacIntosh and Micanopey. There a several major campgrounds and the motorcycle riding is fabulous IMHO.

I'm unsure where Citra County is located but I'm about to look it up

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Citrus County Florida.....anyone know it....? Looks like a nice place to winter and be able to ride.....?
    Citrus County is located on the Gulf Coast surrounded by the Counties of Levy, Marion, Sumter and Hernando. A great area with one of Florida's premier campground, "Rock Crusher". There are others too numerous to mention but a good search will add a broad list. Lots to do with great Restaurants and shopping

Thanks for all the info....I think Im gonna have to check this area of Florida out as a place to go for the cold winter months...Looks like a lot of good places to park an RV and have some good riding near by

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    I just got a 28' toy hauler Friday it's fairly light at 6970 dry weight then add 850 or so for the B . my f150 is rated to tow 9000 though. There are some lighter toy haulers out there. You should be fine as long as you don't go over your tow rating when your fully loaded.
    When you fully equip your Toy Hauler with all the goodies you'll need to survive, your first stop should be a "Certified Cat Scale" which is usually available at any major truck stop i.e. Flying J, Petro etc. I'll assure you you'll get a big surprise as to what your total GVW is. You'll need the total weight for tire air pressure requirements for both your tow vehicle and trailer to assure you not blowing tires due to under inflation