pipes question

Thread: pipes question

pipes question

thinking about getting cobras for my bike....has anyone had luck selling the the stockers?mine have showchrome turndowns as well as the stock tips.....what would be a fair asking price?

When I sell something on a forum, I usually look at the sold items on Ebay and see what they went for and sell them to a forum member for a little less. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any sold f6b mufflers. The closest thing I see is "like new" Goldwing pipes that went for only $105, and some slightly pitted turn down tips that went for $65. Since your tips are probably nicer, I would think the most you could hope for on Ebay would be $200 for the exhaust and tips. If I was selling them, I'd probably offer them to forum members for $175 plus shipping and then put them on Ebay if they don't sell here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-GL1800...p2047675.l2557
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-turn-...p2047675.l2557

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    When I sell something on a forum, I usually look at the sold items on Ebay and see what they went for and sell them to a forum member for a little less. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any sold f6b mufflers. The closest thing I see is "like new" Goldwing pipes that went for only $105, and some slightly pitted turn down tips that went for $65. Since your tips are probably nicer, I would think the most you could hope for on Ebay would be $200 for the exhaust and tips. If I was selling them, I'd probably offer them to forum members for $175 plus shipping and then put them on Ebay if they don't sell here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-GL1800...p2047675.l2557
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-turn-...p2047675.l2557
    thanks for the advice...

The only thing of value is the ends caps...some GL1800 guys will buy them !!! The trick is to sell at a fair price and move on...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'd stash them somewhere then put them back on when you sell the bike. You'll get more $ back when you sell the Cobra's when the time comes. Maybe just put the end caps up for sale.

I would also hold on to the original pipes. I installed a set of Cobra pipes on my F6B and it wasn't long until I put the originals back on. The noise / droan became too annoying on longer trips especially for a passenger. I think you will be happier if you keep them at least for awhile.

Thise end caps on the F6B are in demand for 2012 and up full Wing owners since their stock caps don't go to the end of their saddlebags. Going rate in 2013 was $200-$250 a set with buyer paying freight. Sure helps offset the price of new pipes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I keep all my stock stuff for when i sell the bike, then i sell the added stuff separate. I just accept that i will never get out what i put into the bike.