snow birds - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: snow birds

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Na.....It can tow 8000 lbs with the v8 and 4x4....looking at lite weight toy haulers
    Think of at least 330hp with 860 ft lbs ft of torque at a minimum or you'll be pissing into the wind. If that V8 isn't diesel you'll be exiting retirement and returning to full time employment to pay for fuel.

I just got a 28' toy hauler Friday it's fairly light at 6970 dry weight then add 850 or so for the B . my f150 is rated to tow 9000 though. There are some lighter toy haulers out there. You should be fine as long as you don't go over your tow rating when your fully loaded.

Thanks Big Jay...what kinda a hauler did you get....?

It's the Energy by Keystone. not real fancy but it has every thing we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    I just got a 28' toy hauler Friday it's fairly light at 6970 dry weight then add 850 or so for the B . my f150 is rated to tow 9000 though. There are some lighter toy haulers out there. You should be fine as long as you don't go over your tow rating when your fully loaded.
    When you fully equip your Toy Hauler with all the goodies you'll need to survive, your first stop should be a "Certified Cat Scale" which is usually available at any major truck stop i.e. Flying J, Petro etc. I'll assure you you'll get a big surprise as to what your total GVW is. You'll need the total weight for tire air pressure requirements for both your tow vehicle and trailer to assure you not blowing tires due to under inflation

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    When you fully equip your Toy Hauler with all the goodies you'll need to survive, your first stop should be a "Certified Cat Scale" which is usually available at any major truck stop i.e. Flying J, Petro etc. I'll assure you you'll get a big surprise as to what your total GVW is. You'll need the total weight for air pressure requirements for both your tow vehicle and trailer to assure you not blowing tires due to under inflation

There is a weigh station just down the road and will be my 2nd stop when it's all loaded up, first stop is the gas station .

I am on the older side and I was taught that the tow vehicle should weigh the same or more than the trailer....what you are trying can be done, but with a special anti sway hitch, air bags and some more...just saying...you need to be safe or the trailer will drive the truck and then pass it!!!!! I use this and have not had a problem...but it weighs 9000#, has air bags for the big loads and does not give a shit !!! P.S. likes diesel when pulling the big ones also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    I had looked into that....
    States with No Income Tax

At the top of the list are the nine states that have no state income tax at all. By default, military retirement pay is completely exempt from tax. These states are:

Alaska
    Florida
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Washington
    Wyoming

Note: New Hampshire and Tennessee both tax interest and dividends. For most taxpayers, however, this would constitute a relatively small portion of total income.

Read more: http://www.rapidtax.com/blog/states-...#ixzz3SVyhCVtO

In North Carolina ......

"As a result of the North Carolina Supreme Court's decision in Bailey v. State of North Carolina, North Carolina may not tax certain retirement benefits received by retirees of the State of North Carolina and its local government or by the United States government retirees (including military) for each retirement plan if the retiree has five or more years of creditable service as of August 12, 1989 "

So most of you silver hair'd gents (and ladies) with your military / government pension will find it tax free here .....

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Thanks Big Jay...what kinda a hauler did you get....?
    I'm looking at the forest river xlr hyperlite 29HFS. It has a nice floor plan weighs 6750 with 1K tounge weight. So far RV nation out of ohio has had the best prices.

Citrus County Florida.....anyone know it....? Looks like a nice place to winter and be able to ride.....?