Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
So the Sales Manager just called to negotiate on the used 2013 F6B Deluxe... He said that the guy who had traded the bike in was one of their very loyal customers who had bought many bikes from them in the past, and had traded his 2013 F6B in for a brand new 2015 F6B. Based on all of that, the sales manager claims he gave the guy $13K in trade. However, he did say that since he had just taken the bike in a few days ago, and understands that he's not likely to sell it for a high price while there were leftover 2013s around, he was willing to sell it to me for what he had into it ($13K total price).

I'm not sure that I totally believe him, but he may have shown the other guy $13K for his and then charged full price for the 2015...

So anyway, now I have all the facts at my disposal: Leftover new 2013 F6B non-Deluxe for $14999 out the door (plus tax/title/license) or used 2013 F6B Deluxe (7K miles, Throttlemeister throttle lock, nice highway pegs) for $13K out the door (plus TTL).

I know Unsub was pretty hard over that I shouldn't offer more than $12K for the used bike, but I have to say that I'd probably be better off in most ways with the used one at $13K. In terms of future trade-in value, both bikes would be pretty identical (or the Deluxe would be a bit higher), since miles don't seem to play into the trade-in equation very much. In terms of quality of the bike, I think the Deluxe model wins simply due to the extra features (heated grips, self-canceling turn signals, center stand, etc.), and it appears that the previous owner really babied the bike. By the time I equipped the new/leftover 2013 with a center stand, passenger backrest, and highway pegs I'd be up to around $15,800...

Or I could just throw caution to the wind and buy a new 2015 F6B Deluxe for around $19,500 (or thereabouts)...

Decisions, decisions...
My feeling is that after reading all your earlier posts again, that you really, really, want the 2015 F6B...If you can spend the money, I would go for it and not look back...It seems to me that you are trying to rationalize the purchase of the other options in your mind and that you may not be totally happy riding the used or leftover 2013's everytime you seen the current model...Life is to short to not enjoy what you ride...If "bucks" are, in reality, an issue then go for your cheapest deal and be happy!!!...JMHO