Contemplating F6B Purchase -- Advice Needed! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contemplating F6B Purchase -- Advice Needed!

Go for it that sounds like a good price.
    I would go for the leftover but I'm cheap.
    I also love the black but the new colors look great.
    Good luck you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    He claims his dealer cost is around $18,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    So what does everybody think? Is $18,799 a good price for a new 2015 F6B Deluxe?
    I don't think he is being straight with you on his dealer cost. Nevertheless, it looks like a very good deal if you don't want the hassle of going to Arkansas to buy. Go for it!

Here's what I just posted in your same question in another thread.

"Making only $295 gross on a bike would not keep a dealer in business for long.
    If Honda motorcycle sales are similar to automobile sales, the dealer has about a 3%-4% holdback (also called floor plan) that is there to help the dealer finance the bike on the sales floor until it is sold.
    So if dealer cost is $18500, there is another $740 to the Dealer from Honda. In reality, the dealer's gross profit would be $295 + $740 for just over $1000 gross profit. Is that fair for both parties?
    I think so, especially for a bike that isn't in stock and hasn't sat on the sales floor for months eating into the floor plan.

BTW, is it Dillon Bros who wouldn't discount?
    If so, that's strange, as their online parts discounts are among the best in the US.
    I have bought lots of parts and accessories from Dillon over the years."

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Here's what I just posted in your same question in another thread.

"Making only $295 gross on a bike would not keep a dealer in business for long.
    If Honda motorcycle sales are similar to automobile sales, the dealer has about a 3%-4% holdback (also called floor plan) that is there to help the dealer finance the bike on the sales floor until it is sold.
    So if dealer cost is $18500, there is another $740 to the Dealer from Honda. In reality, the dealer's gross profit would be $295 + $740 for just over $1000 gross profit. Is that fair for both parties?
    I think so, especially for a bike that isn't in stock and hasn't sat on the sales floor for months eating into the floor plan.

BTW, is it Dillon Bros who wouldn't discount?
    If so, that's strange, as their online parts discounts are among the best in the US.
    I have bought lots of parts and accessories from Dillon over the years."
    Yeah, there may well be some dealer holdback coming into play here, but the price is still so much lower than the other dealer that it may be as good as it gets... And to answer your question, yes, I've been trying to work with Dillon Brothers on this deal, but so far they have been uninterested in discounting anything off full sticker for a new 2015 F6B... Does seem strange... Good to hear they have great prices on their online parts, though!

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    Rick, I think the sales manager is feeding you a line of . That is the line they feed when they know you know what it's worth, but are eager to get on a F6B. They will say they added accessories to it, or new tires, or appreciated the value of the bike for a "loyal" customer. I've traded all my bikes before, and I too was a "loyal" customer for one of the dealers. I've never received more than low Blue Book... even if the bike was "babied.". When I traded in my Victory, my dealer made a ton off all the warranty work I had done as well as all the service intervals. I even had two more years left on the extended warranty. I was just looking for low Blue Book to get rid of it because I was tired of the unreliability. Even though the dealer knew me, he offered me slightly below Blue Book because I had over 25,000 miles on the bike and claimed there are manufacture rebates offered which brings the price down on new bikes.

Like others have said Rick, get what you really want, otherwise you will always look back and think, "Dam...I wish I would have purchased the _____.". If you want the 2015, save up for it and get it. If you don't care and just want a great bike for a great value, don't cave in at $13K. He's already making money at a $12K offer and he gets to make room for more inventory. PLUS, the red ones tend to be a little harder to sell than the black ones. Be patient... check online like others have. There will be more F6Bs popping up for sale, both new and used as more 2015s hit the floor. Let the sales manager sweat it out... you gave him an offer already. Tell him you are a buyer actively looking. If you find a used '13 B elsewhere, you will take your money elsewhere. He knows your number, he will call you when the used B sits on the floor for a while... while it continues to depreciate.
    Actually, the sales manager wasn't feeding anyone a line of bull____. I am the loyal customer who takes meticulous care of their motorcycles and have purchased many bikes from that dealer and received exactly $13,000 for my immaculate 2013 red deluxe F6B. I don't see a single word of deception from the dealer in anything I have read. Congratulations on your new purchase Rick. I think you made the right choice. The only reason I traded in my 2013 was for the factory electronic cruise control. I'm loving my metallic blue color too. By the way, I imagine I live just down the road from you since I live in LaVista.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    My feeling is that after reading all your earlier posts again, that you really, really, want the 2015 F6B...If you can spend the money, I would go for it and not look back...It seems to me that you are trying to rationalize the purchase of the other options in your mind and that you may not be totally happy riding the used or leftover 2013's everytime you seen the current model...Life is to short to not enjoy what you ride...If "bucks" are, in reality, an issue then go for your cheapest deal and be happy!!!...JMHO
    Thanks for the insightful encouragement! I took your advice and ordered a new 2015 Deluxe in the Matte Silver color... As I think back over past vehicles I've bought, I realize that I've never regretted buying the newest/best version (but have regretted "cheaping out" several times)...

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    Actually, the sales manager wasn't feeding anyone a line of bull____. I am the loyal customer who takes meticulous care of their motorcycles and have purchased many bikes from that dealer and received exactly $13,000 for my immaculate 2013 red deluxe F6B. I don't see a single word of deception from the dealer in anything I have read. Congratulations on your new purchase Rick. I think you made the right choice. The only reason I traded in my 2013 was for the factory electronic cruise control. I'm loving my metallic blue color too. By the way, I imagine I live just down the road from you since I live in LaVista.
    BigDawg: That's so funny that you chimed in on this thread! I should have thought to ask the forum if it was one of our members who traded in the 2013 Deluxe to Dillon! That confirms that Dillon did right by you (and did not lie to me).

They really did treat you right by giving you $13K for your 2013 (especially with all the leftover '13's around). Did they cut you a decent deal on the purchase price for your new 2015 also? So you ended up with the Blue one? I love that color also -- almost looks purple in some light! I nearly bought a leftover 2014 Valkyrie in that color before I decided to throw caution to the wind and buy a new F6B. Did you get another Deluxe, or did you stick with the Base model this time?

I'm glad to be joining the F6B family! Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can head out on a long ride!

Yes I got another deluxe. No matter what I'm buying I always seem to prefer the most expensive option! It's a sickness I cope with unsuccessfully Yes, they always give me a great deal since I have purchased so many bikes from them and bring all of my bikes there for service. I think I'm there almost as much as some of the employees! When I walk in everyone calls me by name. I feel like Norm from the old TV show Cheers when he would walk into the bar. I also purchased a blue valkyrie from them recently and knew I would love to have that color on the F6B. Honda puts a clear coat on their metallic paint so this metallic blue paint should hold up better than the paint on the older F6B models, although I didn't really notice much of an issue with the red paint that others did.

FYI, I also had them transfer a lot of my stuff from my old bike to the new bike like the taller windscreen, fog lights, luggage rack, Ultimate seat, GPS mount, etc., so my new bike is already set up perfect for me. I left the chrome highway pegs with the old bike since I thought black pegs would go better with the black muffler. I also put a Superbrace on the front forks of the new one and it makes a surprisingly big difference in the handling. Much less front wheel wobble you may notice when going over bumps. I highly recommend it. You are going to love this bike, especially when you get it set up to fit you. If you are interested in anything I have put on my bike you are welcome to take a look at mine before you order yours.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    Yes I got another deluxe. No matter what I'm buying I always seem to prefer the most expensive option! It's a sickness I cope with unsuccessfully Yes, they always give me a great deal since I have purchased so many bikes from them and bring all of my bikes there for service. I think I'm there almost as much as some of the employees! When I walk in everyone calls me by name. I feel like Norm from the old TV show Cheers when he would walk into the bar. I also purchased a blue valkyrie from them recently and knew I would love to have that color on the F6B. Honda puts a clear coat on their metallic paint so this metallic blue paint should hold up better than the paint on the older F6B models, although I didn't really notice much of an issue with the red paint that others did.

FYI, I also had them transfer a lot of my stuff from my old bike to the new bike like the taller windscreen, fog lights, luggage rack, Ultimate seat, GPS mount, etc., so my new bike is already set up perfect for me. I left the chrome highway pegs with the old bike since I thought black pegs would go better with the black muffler. I also put a Superbrace on the front forks of the new one and it makes a surprisingly big difference in the handling. Much less front wheel wobble you may notice when going over bumps. I highly recommend it. You are going to love this bike, especially when you get it set up to fit you. If you are interested in anything I have put on my bike you are welcome to take a look at mine before you order yours.
    So you have both a Valkyrie AND an F6B??? And I thought I was spoiled ;-) Nice deal!

I did notice the highway pegs on your old 2013 -- they look extremely useful, but I agree that the black ones will look better on the 2015. The Throttlemeister was a nice touch, also, but the electronic cruise control is WAY better obviously. I may need your advice on a few options as I start "Farkling" up my new ride. Thanks!

I put 1000 miles on the valkyrie and tried to make it into a long distance bike like I do with all my bikes. Unfortunately, I thought the tall windscreen, highway pegs, passenger backrest and luggage rack ruined the lines and cool look of the bike and I still had wind buffeting my head. I traded it in for a new blue BMW K1600 GT. Fantastic motorcycle. In fact it is because of the BMW's electronic cruise control that I decided to get the 2015 F6B. That's also the reason I got the Superbrace, because it was obvious riding the 2 bikes back to back that the front forks of the F6B needed a bit more stability.