Went for the 2015 F6B (Matte Silver)!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Went for the 2015 F6B (Matte Silver)!

Went for the 2015 F6B (Matte Silver)!

Well, after hemming and hawwing and asking lots of questions on this forum, I finally decided to just go big and buy a brand new 2015 F6B (vs a leftover 2013-2014). This was a tough one, because I place a very high value on "value," and it's pretty tough to say that a new 2013 (at $14,999) isn't a better overall value than a 2015 for $19,000...

However, the main deciding factors were:

1. Color -- I just fell in love with the Matte Silver and Black look. Very classy two-tone scheme that should eliminate the paint swirls and scratches common on the 2013-2014s.
    2. Cruise control -- Yeah, I could live without it, but on my last Wing, I used it constantly, and would really miss it on a big touring bike.

I had to work pretty hard to get a decent price, as the local dealers were all saying that the demand is much higher on the 2015s (due to the color and cruise), especially the silver ones. In the end, I agreed on an out-the-door price of right at $19K. I know Russellville Honda has these for $17,999, but I just couldn't see going to all the trouble of flying into Little Rock, driving 70 miles to Russellville, and having the bike shipped home.

I will be able to actually pick up my new F6B next week sometime (if it warms up a bit -- high of 5 degrees today in Omaha). I'm having the dealer install a Slipstreamer 11 inch Dark Tinted windshield while he's setting it up (no charge for labor, $80 for the shield), so I should be ready to ride soon.

Question: Does anyone know what the difference is between the Slipstreamer Replacement Windshield (Dark Tint, 11 inches tall) and the Slipstreamer Sport Baggershield 11 inch Dark Tinted windshield? They look pretty identical, but there's like a $50 price difference. The Sport Baggershield doesn't come with the convertible clear windshield for the top that makes the windshield 19 inches tall if you want... I can't figure it out... I ordered the regular 11 inch Replacement Windshield for $80, but am a bit concerned that may not be as good for some reason...

Thanks for everyone's advice/comments while I was making my decision! This is a great forum, and I plan to continue to participate for as long as I own my new F6B (many years, hopefully). I'll post photos as soon as i get the bike home.

Congrats!
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    Congrats!
    +1

HOT DAM!

Congratulations

Congrats
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

New bike

Cool concrats

Congrats, haven't seen to many post about the slipstream. Mostly, members have Baggershield, Clearview, Klockworks. About the only way to determine which one would be better for you is to do what most of us did and buy several till you get what you want. I'm on my third shield and happy with a Clearview with vent.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Congrats, haven't seen to many post about the slipstream. Mostly, members have Baggershield, Clearview, Klockworks. About the only way to determine which one would be better for you is to do what most of us did and buy several till you get what you want. I'm on my third shield and happy with a Clearview with vent.
    That's kind of what I figured... I don't know if an 11 inch Slipstreamer windshield will be ideal, but it seems to be about the right height for me (I'm 5'9" and definitely prefer to look over the windshield vs through it). At $80, I don't have much to lose if it's not quite right. I did really enjoy my WindBender shield on my last wing, but I like the cleaner look of a single, dark-tinted short shield vs the 2-piece construction of the WindBender.

Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    Well, after hemming and hawwing and asking lots of questions on this forum, I finally decided to just go big and buy a brand new 2015 F6B (vs a leftover 2013-2014). This was a tough one, because I place a very high value on "value," and it's pretty tough to say that a new 2013 (at $14,999) isn't a better overall value than a 2015 for $19,000...

However, the main deciding factors were:

1. Color -- I just fell in love with the Matte Silver and Black look. Very classy two-tone scheme that should eliminate the paint swirls and scratches common on the 2013-2014s.
    2. Cruise control -- Yeah, I could live without it, but on my last Wing, I used it constantly, and would really miss it on a big touring bike.

I had to work pretty hard to get a decent price, as the local dealers were all saying that the demand is much higher on the 2015s (due to the color and cruise), especially the silver ones. In the end, I agreed on an out-the-door price of right at $19K. I know Russellville Honda has these for $17,999, but I just couldn't see going to all the trouble of flying into Little Rock, driving 70 miles to Russellville, and having the bike shipped home.

I will be able to actually pick up my new F6B next week sometime (if it warms up a bit -- high of 5 degrees today in Omaha). I'm having the dealer install a Slipstreamer 11 inch Dark Tinted windshield while he's setting it up (no charge for labor, $80 for the shield), so I should be ready to ride soon.

Question: Does anyone know what the difference is between the Slipstreamer Replacement Windshield (Dark Tint, 11 inches tall) and the Slipstreamer Sport Baggershield 11 inch Dark Tinted windshield? They look pretty identical, but there's like a $50 price difference. The Sport Baggershield doesn't come with the convertible clear windshield for the top that makes the windshield 19 inches tall if you want... I can't figure it out... I ordered the regular 11 inch Replacement Windshield for $80, but am a bit concerned that may not be as good for some reason...

Thanks for everyone's advice/comments while I was making my decision! This is a great forum, and I plan to continue to participate for as long as I own my new F6B (many years, hopefully). I'll post photos as soon as i get the bike home.
    Congrats on the new scoot! I have a blue 15 - and live in Lincoln. Maybe meet up sometime....have you ever been to Heron Bay bar / grill in Louisville? Half way between Omaha and Lincoln, right on the Platte river. On a Sunday, there will be 60 - 70 bikes there, of all kinds, a ton of fun. Hope you are able to get the bike home soon, the forecast doesn't look so good for the next few days, two storms coming.