I just picked up my 2015 F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I just picked up my 2015 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    This paint color is not really a silver, it's more like a gray, maybe a charcoal gray, maybe. My wife has a gray colored Lincoln MKZ. Her car is shinny due to the clear coat. My bike looks like the same color, just with no shinny clear coat. It looks great.

I will let everyone know of any paint issues.
    Did Honda give any pointers on how to care for the paint..my dealer has no clue...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Actually , we are very close to each other more than you think . Enjoy this beast

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post

I like the factory cruise and worth that to get the new model.
    I agree, well worth the wait. The factory cruise operates kinda weird though, when I push the button to set the cruise and then release the throttle, the bike decelerates a bit then it picks up to the set speed, kinda has a slow reaction.

I have been playing around with it and it seem that I need to hold the throttle a bit longer so the bike doesn't decel as much. I guess its normal for the Goldwing guys, because the manager/sales guy, that sold me the bike has a Goldwing and made me aware of how the cruise control may seem different.

My FJR had cruise control, and I would just set it and forget it. no decel at all

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Did Honda give any pointers on how to care for the paint..my dealer has no clue...
    No pointers at all from the Dealer.

Normally, on my Valk and the FJR, I used Pledge, done it for years, no problems at all.

My Son in Law suggested, I internet search for a product for Matte paint, thinking its a porous paint. I am not sure yet.

I have cleaned the bike a few time all ready, with pledge, and the paint feels smooth. I don't see that I'm hurting the paint at all. but im watching it.

Its been very windy here with a lot of dust and sand in the air. I gotta keep it clean.

Paint

Harley has some stuff for satin paint and a few others on the Web. I was told not to use anything with wax in it

I agree, well worth the wait. The factory cruise operates kinda weird though, when I push the button to set the cruise and then release the throttle, the bike decelerates a bit then it picks up to the set speed, kinda has a slow reaction.

I have been playing around with it and it seem that I need to hold the throttle a bit longer so the bike doesn't decel as much. I guess its normal for the Goldwing guys, because the manager/sales guy, that sold me the bike has a Goldwing and made me aware of how the cruise control may seem different.

My FJR had cruise control, and I would just set it and forget it. no decel at all

Congrats on the new F6B ,you can adjust the cruise cable so it comes on faster.The older Wings had the same problem but my 2014 is good out of the create.
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post
    Congrats on the new F6B ,you can adjust the cruise cable so it comes on faster.The older Wings had the same problem but my 2014 is good out of the create.
    Exactly right... The cruise lag is a common problem on the GL1800s, and is well understood by the Goldwing mechanics (and thus, easy to remedy). Since your bike is brand new (with warranty), you should be able to have the cable adjusted for no cost to eliminate the deceleration after setting it. I had a 2003 GL1800 with this problem, and I paid the Honda Tech to fix the problem...

Congrats on the new F6B! Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    Exactly right... The cruise lag is a common problem on the GL1800s, and is well understood by the Goldwing mechanics (and thus, easy to remedy). Since your bike is brand new (with warranty), you should be able to have the cable adjusted for no cost to eliminate the deceleration after setting it. I had a 2003 GL1800 with this problem, and I paid the Honda Tech to fix the problem...
    Yep, I'm gonna have to look into this issue. I am surprised I wasn't told that it could be adjusted if I found it to be a problem, since the Dealer guy told me about the issue.

Minor Details to most of use since we don't have CC. Now take a Pic of your bike and it's proud new owner or owners girlfriend!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

There have been volumes written about the cruise control hesitation on various Gold Wing boards. I had ''08 and a '12 model full Wings and both had hesitation or a bit of a jerk when the cruise was activated. I never had a good fix for the issue. That is one reason I have found it humorous when all the early F6B owners were wishing for and wanting cruise control. At the same time, full Wing owners were complaining about the Honda factory units. You have a nice looking motorcycle, have fun and enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]