I got a short ride in after work today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got a short ride in after work today

My new clear view became installed today while I was in the garage...now as soon as there is a day over 40 I will head to my brothers so him and I can do some riding...Damn this cold weather
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Quote Originally Posted by valkhound View Post
    I got home from work to find the Klock werks shield I had bought was waiting for me on the front porch. I put it on and had time for a quick ride before the wind turned from the north again with more winter weather on the way. I just picked up the B on Saturday and this was the first day since then that it was warm enough to get a short ride in. Parked it with 300 miles showing on the odometer now. Really like the Klock Werks windshield . It made a huge difference over the stock windshield!

Attachment 11848
    I too picked up my '15 Deluxe last Saturday, I have only been able to get it out for a quick ride but know one of the first things I'll be doing is adding a new shield. I really like the look of the short stock shield but was surprised how much 'dirty air' noise there was. Can I ask you how tall you are, and also would you characterize the noise behind the Klock Werks shield as regular wind noise or 'dirty air' noise? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    YOU FLORIDA RIDERS MAKE ME SICK!!!!! BUY YOU SOME LEATHER-- MOVE NORTH-- AND RIDE LIKE A MAN AND FREEZE YOUR BUTT OFF LIKE THE REST OF US!!!!
    Maaaaaannnnn, if you ride when it's anywhere below 50F, I tip my hat to ya. It's been a LONG time since I've had to battle cold weather on a bike but I been there... in the hardcore cold. The only thing that kept my bike parked was snow and ice on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmcrider View Post
    I too picked up my '15 Deluxe last Saturday, I have only been able to get it out for a quick ride but know one of the first things I'll be doing is adding a new shield. I really like the look of the short stock shield but was surprised how much 'dirty air' noise there was. Can I ask you how tall you are, and also would you characterize the noise behind the Klock Werks shield as regular wind noise or 'dirty air' noise? Thanks.
    I *believe* people who have tried many of the aftermarket shields say the Madstad provides the smoothest and quietest rider air. I have an 11" Madstad and a 16" Clearview. These measurements are a bit misleading; when installed and measured in identical ways both of these are virtually the same height... but the Madstad allows adjustment of the vertical angle and thus can be configured to provide more protection.

I'm 5'10" with 32" inseam and can easily see the ground 30 to 40 feet in front of the bike when I'm on it.

Maybe someone else can chime in on the Klockwerks for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    My new clear view became installed today while I was in the garage...now as soon as there is a day over 40 I will head to my brothers so him and I can do some riding...Damn this cold weather
    You can at least post some pics...

Quote Originally Posted by bdmcrider View Post
    I'm 5'10" and with the Klock Werks windshield the air hits right at the top of my helmet. A lot quieter than the stock shield and you look right over the top of it. I would say it's more of a regular wind noise now. You can hear the radio a whole lot better now too. I was only able to put about 20 miles in with the new shield on before the cold front hit and headed back home. I'm really happy with the improvement the Klock Werks shield gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    You can at least post some pics...
    I wanted to however there is just not enough room in my garage right now with our daughter and granddaughter moved back in. When I get her out for a ride I will get some new pics.😁😁👍👍✌👊
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Maybe this will help !!!!!! Think of me this summer when it is feels like 110* here from July till October!!!
    Think of me going to work last week! Remember I live in Eastern North Carolina-- Not Montana!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Up into the low 40's today. Had to take her out for a spin thru the hills.

Freezing cold in NE Ohio.....but my new Winbender will be here Wednesday....at least I get to work on mine in the garage....