Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
Oh, I think it might be possible. Although I did try my system first from the headset and it sounded pretty good.

The factory OEM tweeters are a different impedance. This impedance will affect the crossover points in the crossover. That will definitely have a impact on sound and quality,not to mention just the difference in the quality of the tweeters to begin with.

I removed the factory tweeters and surface mounted the Polk tweeters right over the spot where the factory tweeters normally reside. It required a couple of small holes drilled. one to accommodate the mounting and one for the speaker wire.

The other option is to remove the OEM tweeters. Then remove the Polk tweeters from their plastic case or housing. Then the tweeters can fit up in the OEM spot, but you may have to be a little creative as to how you affix them there. All I know is someone else did them that way. I rather like the looks of the surface mount and it gives you the flexibility to turn the tweeters a little as they do swivel in their housings to aid in pointing them where you want them to be focused.
Sadly I messed up the Polk tweeters trying to remove the casing to try to get them to fit in the space where the original tweeters are! Grrrr.