Best stereo upgrade options - Page 14
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Best stereo upgrade options

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    Just got done installing my Polk Audio 651 speakers...What a pain in the azz, They look good and definitely sound better just dont know if it was worth the cussing and frustration...Only installed 3 of the 4 screws because getting the 4th would require more grinding and 3 screws makes them very secure ...Good mod just glad its done...
    Did you add an amp, or just the speaker upgrade ?

Only the speakers at this point....
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spent a little time listening to the speakers connected to my ipod and I must say the sound is much more crisper and clean even without an amp but I am going to check into an amplifier as long as it doesn't take up a bunch of space in the bags otherwise I think I am satisfied with the sound improvement

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Spent a little time listening to the speakers connected to my ipod and I must say the sound is much more crisper and clean even without an amp but I am going to check into an amplifier as long as it doesn't take up a bunch of space in the bags otherwise I think I am satisfied with the sound improvement
    Did you hook the factory tweeters back up? Has anyone who has the upgraded to J&M speakers already done this upgrade? My J&M's sound a lot better than stock, I just wonder if these would be that much better than the J&M's to make it worth the effort........
    The force is strong in this one.....

Getting them to fit was a pain requiring some grinding around the opening on the motorcycle...They do sound much better but now Im thinking an amp would make them sound much better and possibly a 6 or 8in. Bass tube in the bags but dont wanna cut holes in them...

Yes I did hook the factory tweeters back up

Getting them to fit was a pain requiring some grinding around the opening on the motorcycle...They do sound much better but now Im thinking an amp would make them sound much better and possibly a 6 or 8in. Bass tube in the bags but dont wanna cut holes in them...
    You won't get much useful sound out of the bags without the bags being vented in some way. I vented mine in three locations. 2 of them are hidden and one is visible. I simply drilled holes in the pattern of a small circle in these three locations. I covered those locations with a product from Frogzkins that allows air to travel but not water. Port2.jpgAttachment 16167

Yes, an amp is needed to realize proper sound from those speakers.

Not sure about a Bazooka bass tube. I have really been impressed with the little self contained JL Audio 6.5 " Sub I use in my left saddlebag.

The sub on mine actually sounds better with the lid closed.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Nice job...

JimmyTee's stereo upgrade is the best I have seen to date on the F6B (upgraded speakers, upgraded head unit, clean pre-amp inputs(not speaker level step down transformers), detachable sub, upgraded amps, upgraded wiring).

Also see that J&M has pushed their F6B speaker availability date out another month to 10/1/2015. They missed a complete riding season.

Adding MM or DXI 6.5" Polk speakers without an amp is missing the point of their potential quality, completely.
    Also disconnect the factory tweeter, too.
    No amp, stay with oem or JM.
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe