Sena 20s - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sena 20s

Quote Originally Posted by db24 View Post
    I just bought a Sena 20s bluetooth headset, believing it would be a sensible replacement for the Sena SMH10 I have that is failing. Unfortunately, I am having problems pairing it with my Garmin Zumo 665. The 665 is more than just GPS; it is also an MP3-player, XM radio source and a phone-bridge. In order for all those features to work, the 665 has to be paired as the 1st phone, as only the first phone can handle both the HFP-protocol (for navigation and phone) and the A2DP-protocol for stereo music.

Try as I might, I cannot successfully pair the two. Sena and Garmin haven’t been much help. Has anyone else had a similar problem or a solution for this?

If you have a Zumo 665, what Bluetooth headset are you using that does work properly?
    I have a Sena SMH10 and a Sena SMH10R they both pair with my Garmin Zumo 665 and work very good
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

My husband and I had the smh10 units for about a year before the 20s came out. We're now on our THIRD SET of 20s intercom units. The brackets that snap the intercom on are VERY cheaply made. After connecting and disconnecting the intercom from it's bracket 15 times, something in the brackets break, and it will not lock anymore. This renders your intercom unusable. ALSO, there's a battery problem with *LOTS* of the units that render them useless in temps less than 40F. The units will just stop working. Battery freezes (I assume). What we've resorted to: we just never remove the senas from their brackets. This means if we park the bikes somewhere, and leave the helmets outside, anyone could come take the intercom. But they have a finite number of connections/disconnections before they fail. I've not seen them do anything to change the way the bracket mounts.

The extra connections that the 20s does are NICE, however if you want something reliable you don't have to ship back every few months, stick with the smh10.

Just my 2 cents.