Mustang Seat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat

Mustang Seat

Just got my new mustang seat from Rick @ Value Accessories. Super price and fast delivery. Ordered it late Sunday night and
    it arrived today (Thursday) around 2 o'clock. Installed it tonight and just got back from a 112 mile ride. My ass is much happier now,
    no more squirming around and sore tailbone. So far so good. . It sits you down about, I'd say an inch, has a nice pocket feel and the more vertical back is a nice little support.
    The good test will be the Key West / Daytona trip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

I plan on just buying a backrest for my stock seat. But I'm still thinking about buying a mustang seat. My question do you need a backrest with the Mustang?

For me, no I don't feel the need for a backrest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

I am one of the original Mustang seat ownwers. On all of my previous Harleys and Wings, I used a backrest. I have not found a need for a backrest with this seat. The lower seat position along with adequate lumbar support is extremely comfortable to me. I will say I have owned Mustang seats for many motorcycles over the years and the offering for the F6B is the most firm I have experienced. Having said that, I have over 15,000 miles on my Mustang seat including two 1100 miles days and I Really like this seat.
    image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really hate that the mustang sits lower than stock. I'm already a little cramped. But mustang does make a good seat!

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
    I really hate that the mustang sits lower than stock. I'm already a little cramped. But mustang does make a good seat!
    Wellllll the seat was desinged for shorter folks..... You should try the Ultimate then?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

wee legs!

That is why I bought it. I have wee stubby legs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Wellllll the seat was desinged for shorter folks..... You should try the Ultimate then?
    I think that's the plan. I've added the mini-boards with comfort drop and ergo III's. Headed to Daytona next weekend if this snow melts off my 300 ft driveway so I can get down. Should know after that trip if the stock seat has to go.

Question Help....

have a question: the seat's 1 inch deep, how great you at? I am thinking about me order one, I'm 1.91cm high. I'm not sure if the angle of the knees is still good....
    sorry for my bad english, hope you know what I mean.

I think that's the plan. I've added the mini-boards with comfort drop and ergo III's. Headed to Daytona next weekend if this snow melts off my 300 ft driveway so I can get down. Should know after that trip if the stock seat has to go.
    I did the same thing except went with Ergo II's. I was a bit cramped with the stock pegs but the mini boards gave me back 3/4" of the 1" I lost adding the seat. I really like the fact it sits me back farther. I thought I would need handlebar risers but the reach turned out to be perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]