These cars are getting scary .....

Thread: These cars are getting scary .....

These cars are getting scary .....

Let me start by saying I have always been a supporter of technology, but it has it's limits.....

I have always bought new cars and then driven them until the wheels fall off (currently I have a 99, 01 and 06).

I will not buy a new car with a lot of bells and whistles because the electronics start having problems after 5 or 6 years.

http://www.flixxy.com/hyundai-the-empty-car-convoy.htm

I can just see "I didn't run over him officer, the car did !!!"

I want one...I can see me getting hammered on my way home from work.....no occifer I'm not drunk driving I'm drunk passengering.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Cool !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

This is nothing new . There are cars , which provide such a improvements in various cars for many years already . Manufacturers use different systems , from : "dynamic" , "active" , "distronic" , "adaptive" , or "traffic aware" braking assistance technologies . Germans , along Japanese ( and now Americans ) are implementing such a useful "luxury" , which has been found as a very attractive devices , helping to improve safety and reducing numbers of collisions . It could be "scary" to many , but adopting it is a matter of simple understanding of benefits attached to it.

I totally agree but you dont want us going back to the dark ages where motorcycles and cars had external pushrods, brakes that never worked, leaked oil and were a pain to ride and drive.
    Oh wait a minute I think theirs a ??????? icon_cool:

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    I totally agree but you dont want us going back to the dark ages where motorcycles and cars had external pushrods, brakes that never worked, leaked oil and were a pain to ride and drive.
    Oh wait a minute I think theirs a ??????? icon_cool:
    Yes - wait a second . Why do we love those archaic vehicles ? Weren't they better than horses ?

In the upper class vehicles like the Mercedes S-Class this system is more than 10 years already available. Already in small cars like the Volkswagen Golf (i don't know if such a small car is sold in the US) the system is available.

My friend has a VW Golf GTD (2000ccm and 200HP Diesel with 7 gears) and this car also has such automatical systems. The lane system only works if the lanes are "painted" on the street. If so there is a symbol in the cockpit of the car showing that the system has recognized them. He can take the hands of the wheel and if a curve is coming the car automatically keeps his track. After about 50 seconds there is a signal making an alert that he shall take his hands back on the steering wheel.

There is also a radar system for the cruise control. It automatically accelerates and reduces speed if there is another car/object in front of you. This also includes the braking help if suddenly an object appears on your way.

Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Yes - wait a second . Why do we love those archaic vehicles ? Weren't they better than horses ?
    Ahhh yes, but if yah horse breaks down in the middle of no where you can kill it and eat it