Who has the most miles on a F6B ? - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Who has the most miles on a F6B ?

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

How about a shift?

I think it would be more relevant to ask what's your average mileage per month. That evens the playing field for all of us who ride, and more importantly, how LONG we've had the bikes.

For example, if I have my bike for 12 months and have 12,000 miles, I average 1,000 miles a month.

If I bought my bike new, and immediately went on a long road trip, I may only have 8,000 miles, but that averages 4,000 miles per MONTH.

See my point?

So, me, I've had the Dragon Queen for 29 months. I have 32,000 miles on her.
    That means I average 1,103 miles per MONTH. Still not gonna touch the guy who rides 4,000 miles per month, but you get my drift.

High mileage is one thing, but since we now have three years' worth of bikes, it becomes a moot point.
    Now the retired teacher will go sit down and wait for any backlash from those who didn't pass math class.
    "If it moves, paint it."

Just coming up on 1 year and 20,000 miles (@ 1,700 miles/month).

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Just coming up on 1 year and 20,000 miles.
    1,800 miles per month. Not too shabby!!
    "If it moves, paint it."

I can't wait to kill it this season and see what my average is. Since I had it to date through the winter, I'm at 860/month, and that looks like crap. It's actually a good number for us northerners.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    I think it would be more relevant to ask what's your average mileage per month. That evens the playing field for all of us who ride, and more importantly, how LONG we've had the bikes.

For example, if I have my bike for 12 months and have 12,000 miles, I average 1,000 miles a month.

If I bought my bike new, and immediately went on a long road trip, I may only have 8,000 miles, but that averages 4,000 miles per MONTH.

See my point?

That means I average 1,103 miles per MONTH. Still not gonna touch the guy who rides 4,000 miles per month, but you get my drift.

High mileage is one thing, but since we now have three years' worth of bikes, it becomes a moot point.
    Now the retired teacher will go sit down and wait for any backlash from those who didn't pass math class.
    Except now the Northerners who (for some unexplained reason) seem to enjoy several months without riding, are going to ask that we "normalize" their months to a riding season. I.e. the Michigan peeps are are going to not have to count Nov-Apr as "months of ownership" for averaging purposes....

Lol.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Except now the Northerners who (for some unexplained reason) seem to enjoy several months without riding, are going to ask that we "normalize" their months to a riding season. I.e. the Michigan peeps are are going to not have to count Nov-Apr as "months of ownership" for averaging purposes....

Lol.
    Ya, I was kind of going down that road....lol
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter

Lol.
    I think your middle name is 'stir-the-pot'. It ain't gonna matter anyway cause in another year Teach will be over 100,000. She rides like 600 miles a day. Wonder who grades all her papers? Only time she stops is to go in that place where the Marines are. If she would hold still for a minute she might catch one.

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I think your middle name is 'stir-the-pot'. It ain't gonna matter anyway cause in another year Teach will be over 100,000. She rides like 600 miles a day. Wonder who grades all her papers? Only time she stops is to go in that place where the Marines are. If she would hold still for a minute she might catch one.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post

See my point?

18000 miles in 33 months-Lets see now you take the 18000 and divide by 33 and I think it's 545.4545454.At least that what my 20 tear old calculator says!And I come from the golden age of learnin readin,writin and rethmatic-taught to the tune of a hickory stick
    Wish I could put in more miles but here in Northern Nevada it gets a little icy in the winter and I have other hobbies that take some time.When the wife is able to retire in 5 years we will be AZ bound for year round riding.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    ... golden age of learnin readin,writin and rethmatic-taught to the tune of a hickory stick...
    The good-ole-days of actual learning and common sense. My parents were very patriotic. My dad laid down the stripes and I saw the stars !!!